Solid red light after resetup and pressing reset switch no reaction

2024-02-19 17:36:16
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi. I reset my main Deco unit (connected with ethernet cable to Router) and then throught the app I've set it up again and also the 2 other units and all 3 were showing a white light. I then moved the other 2 units to where I want them to be and the main one and one of the other 2 is working fine but the light on the 3rd one is staying solid red. The app is not detecting it and I tried many may times to reset it pressing the reset button for 1 second, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 seconds but the light just stays red. Unplugged and left unplugged for hours but still the same, blinks yellow, red, green, white then stays yellow for about 10 seconds and goes solid red again.

I also tried connecting an ethernet cable to it from the router (unplugging the current main one). Blinking same colors during startup but then after about 6 seconds on the yellow light, the light goes out and doesn't come back on until I disconnect the power and reconnect with same results. I also tried the reset swith with no light but get no reaction and I also tried connecting straight to my PC with an ethernet cable and typing tplinkdeco.net but get message that site can not be found.

Any advice? Kev

Options
7 Reply
Re:Solid red light after resetup and pressing reset switch no reaction
2024-02-20 02:37:43 - last edited 2024-02-20 02:40:44

@KevBerg18 

Hi, welcome to the community.

You can refer to this link to see whether this Deco S4 could get into firmware recovery mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2958/

If nothing changed, I think the hardware of this Deco might be broken and it is suggested to contact the shop retailer for warranty service.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-20 08:18:37

@KevBerg18 Hi. Thanks for the replay. I managed to log into the upgrade page on the Deco but when I try to do the upgrade with any of the 3 files I downloaded from this page - https://www.tp-link.com/za/support/download/deco-s4/v2/#Firmware - it starts the upgrading process but almost emmediately gives an error to say the upgrade failed that it might be a wrong file. Any more advise would be welcome. Kevin

Options
2024-02-20 08:34:54

@KevBerg18 

Unfortunately I had the exact same problem a year ago with the Deco X50. Actually they are damaged and I think TP-Link has some serious problem (because has another user here with this problem) with some of their batches of devices. The solution is to take them to the seller you bought from for a replacement if they are under warranty.

Options
2024-02-20 08:41:58

@KevBerg18 

Did you unzip the folder and use the bin.file inside?

Could you please leave me a message with the MAC address of this problematic Deco?

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-20 08:56:45

@David-TP Hi yes I did extract and use the .bin files, The Mac address is: MAC:6C-5A-B0-0F-C8-E8

Options
2024-02-20 09:01:53

@KevBerg18 

How about trying the bin file-Deco S4(EU)_V2_1.5.1_220113, an older version, not 1.6.1?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-s4/v2/#Firmware

Options
2024-02-20 09:22:58

@David-TP  I have tried that one as well. I tried all 3 of those

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 7

Related Articles