Tether shows 60 minutes ghost usage between 12AM and 1AM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-20 06:19:46 - last edited 2024-02-21 01:00:01
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

Hi,

I have a new AX55 with HomeShield subscription and I am exploring the parental control features. I am running into issues what I think are bugs.

On every profile (me, my wife, my daughter) that I have created, there always appears 60 minutes of internet usage between 12AM and 1AM (the first hour of the day). This is not very likely, since we are all asleep at that time. It even appears on my daughters phone for which I have set OFF time between 10PM and 8AM - so it should not be possible that her phone uses the internet.

Also the time logged for most used apps seems to be incorrect at the start of a new day. If I look at it early in the morning, and nobody used any internet, the time should be nearly 0 for all apps but instead it seems to show yesterday's times. 

This is rather inconvenient and makes the parental control feature almost useless - I need to see how much time my kids *really* use.

best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether shows 60 minutes ghost usage between 12AM and 1AM
2024-02-21 09:09:44

@bsvm 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

1. Please check the router system time, make sure the router time is correct and gets from internet.

2. For testing purpose, please make sure the client device disconnects from the router before sleeping, if it stay connected, even you don't use internet at night, some background application or services on the phone will still connect to internet thus count the used time for internet or some apps.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Related Articles