Client connected, but no WiFi

2024-02-21 18:45:35 - last edited 2024-02-22 03:19:02
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1

I've got a wireless signal between the two powerline units but I can't get a wifi signal from the client.

I have turned on/off wifi from the button in the side.

I've got the TL app utility, and can access their site from Advanced Settings.

I have done a factory reset

I have looked at updating the firmware - I downloaded the zip, which extracts to 2 'How To' PDF's and 1 .BIN file.

Unfortunately the TL utility Update menu requires a NVM and PIB file - there's no option for a .BIN file :-(

The support pages gave a phone number to call at 9p/minute - the recorded message telling me to use the community site, or chat, but the chat is AI, and didn't understand the question.

So how do I get the client unit transmitting wifi ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Client connected, but no WiFi
2024-02-21 21:45:43 - last edited 2024-02-21 21:46:25

@Vcator 

Hi,

According to the screenshot you posted both wireless networks are "on" and thus should be visible.

Are you unable to see any of the two wireless networks "TP-Link_8BE3" and "TP-Link_8BE3_5G" on your client device?

Do you have more than one client device you could test with? (i.e. computer, phones, tablets)

Upgrading the firmware by using a *.bin file should be done from the "Firmware Upgrade" menu. 
But I am not so optimistic it will help with the Wi-Fi issue. TP-Link would not have shipped the product with a firmware version that has no working Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 1

Related Articles