Deco creating additional unsecured network with a TP-link_2.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-21 22:53:00
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.a5 build 20231122

Hi,

I am trying to set up a two deco x50 Poe. The main connection works fine with the new network showing on wifi. When I add a new unit in the study, it is able to connect to the newly created network, however, it also seems to create an additional unsecured network which is visible to all devices. This network has a TP_link name and I cannot seem to locate it within the app to try and remove. I have powered off the system until this network can be removed. Any advice would be most welcome. 
many thanks in advance - Matt 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco creating additional unsecured network with a TP-link_2.5
2024-02-22 02:28:04

@Mattp1 

Hi, Have you tried to reset this new satellite Deco X50-POE and add it back to the Mesh system?

Are these two Deco X50-POE in the same pack?

Deco X50-POE supports IOT network and have you enabled this network before?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-22 20:43:37
Hi David, Thanks for your quick reply. I have reset all the deco settings and created a network from scratch. I am still getting the same unsecured network appearing which is TP-link_2.4ghz_5f1d46 This is with one deco connected, I haven’t gone through to adding the one where we need extended coverage. This was part of a two deco set. This is the first time I have added anything like this to our isp hub, we could have gone through our isp for a mesh system but I chose deco for its good reviews. I simply want to extend the network for wifi devices. I have not set up an iot network before, I thought this was for smart home devices? Any help would be most gratefully received. Matt
Options
2024-02-22 21:36:50

Correction - The unsecured network only appears when the second deco is installed. I have tried restricting 2.4ghz and selecting a 5.ghz connection which made no difference. 

at a loss 

Options
2024-02-23 02:34:10

@Mattp1 

Thanks for the update.

Can I have a screenshot of this "TP-link_2.4ghz_5f1d46"?

Are you able to install Wi-Fi Analyzer APP on the devices to scan the wireless signals nearby and it helps to find the MAC address of the unknown WiFi?

By the way, are mobile devices able to connect to this SSID?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-23 08:05:09

@David-TP Morning David, 

Thanks for coming back. I have downloaded a wifi analyser and run through a comprehensive analysis but unable to find a MAC address, it may well be within the data I have but I am not that technically minded. As this contains detail on our network, do you have an email address so i can send images directly rather than posting on a public forum?

In answer to your question, yes, you can connect directly to the SSID and browse the internet. This network only appears when the second deco box is powered and connected to Casa45. The odd thing is that the TP network is a sky broadband service and not virgin media which is the network provider. 

I await your response

Best wishes, 

Matt 

Options
2024-02-23 08:06:36

@David-TP oh and here is the network name screenshot 

Options
2024-02-23 08:35:07

@Mattp1 

Hi, you could send them to support.forum@tp-link.com.

By the way, "This network only appears when the second deco box is powered and connected to Casa45."  is "Casa45" the device name of the main Deco X50-POE?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 367

Replies: 7

Related Articles