Archer AX53 in AP mode no connection on random devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX53 in AP mode no connection on random devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:Archer AX53 in AP mode no connection on random devices
2024-02-24 13:45:39

@aboninski 

In AP mode DHCP should be disabled (refer the guide I posted).

Leave them to get their IP address dynamically (by your ISP modem/router DHCP server).

Test the internet connectivity and most important - test if the devices behind router (A)  can communicate with these behind (B).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-25 12:57:53

@terziyski 

So here's what happens when I configure both routers in AP mode (dynamic IP, no DHCP).

The former main router (A) claims IP 10.108.165.230, so do all devices connected to it via WIRE. All devices connected to it via Wi-Fi claim an IP from some other pool, they start with 192.168.xxx.xxx. The other router (B) also has an IP like this - 192.168.xxx.xxx. So far the only devices that have internet connectivity are the ones connected to router A only by wire.

Options
2024-02-25 16:51:06

@aboninski 

It seems that your ISP device is in bridge mode. Do you have access to this device to check that ? What's its make and model ?

If that's the case the only way to arrange your LAN is to use router (A) in router mode and router (B) in AP mode ,but router (B) should be connected to router (A) directly, i.e you should not use the switch to connect router (B).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-25 16:52:27

@terziyski 

My switch modem is tplink tl-sg1005d v8, it's one of those plug-and-play devices.

Options
2024-02-25 16:56:13

@aboninski 

That's not a modem. This is a plain unmanaged network switch. Do you have any other device before the switch which is provided by your ISP ?

Options
2024-02-25 16:57:42

@terziyski 

The ISP cable runs directly into the network switch (it's my own, not the ISP's), then the routers are connected to the switch. I'm not aware of any device that sits before the network switch.

Options
2024-02-25 17:03:06

@aboninski 

OK. So you have two options:

1)

Remove the swicth and connect roputer (A) in router mode with the ISP cable.

Connect router (B) in AP mode (DHCP off) to a LAN port of router (A).

2)

Use the switch to connect router (A) in router mode but connect router (B) in AP mode (DHCP off) to router (A) LAN port.

Options
2024-02-25 17:09:45

@terziyski 

Thanks so much for the assistance!

Can you recommend any device (other than a router) that I can buy to replace the switch?

Options
2024-02-25 17:29:55

@aboninski 

You don't need that switch except if you can't place your router (A) in that location, i.e. to extend the ISP cable to a further location.

As I posted you can just replace the switch with your router (A) connected to the ISP cable directly (in router mode).

Options
2024-02-25 17:46:01

@terziyski 

The thing is that the ISP cable is in a nook and there are also 4 other ethernet cables there which lead to various ports throughout the house and I don't think I can fit the entire router in there.

Options
Related Articles