Deco XE75 Pro Buggy - WiFi Password Incorrect on certain iPhone and IPad

Deco XE75 Pro Buggy - WiFi Password Incorrect on certain iPhone and IPad

15 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Pro Buggy - WiFi Password Incorrect on certain iPhone and IPad
2024-03-08 16:39:45 - last edited 2024-03-08 16:40:56

@Wrayman And all those years you were using a single network you were also having issues with the Wemo sockets as well?

When I had the M4 / M5 Decos, Wemo had issues for a couple of firmware releases, but I made a few posts about it and subsequent firmware fixed the issue.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/187114

Looking at some other posts, it seems Wemo compatiblity gets broken from time to time with Deco.

Options
2024-08-08 18:41:26

@coolspot18 Same problem.  Iphone continually get the "incorrect password".  Been happening for months.  Nothing seems to work as a permanet solution.  Sorry I went with TP-Link.  Their support is terribel, let's be honest.  I've tried their email support and phone support.  I have six access points, so a considerable investment to just throw them all in the garbage and start over with a better company.  

Right now after a couple hours this morning when our iPhones couldn't connect to the main or guest networks I got my iPhone to connect.  The wife's phone, no luck, at least not yet.  

Reading many threads about this problem.  Can I ask those with technical experience, that doesn't include us since we are seniors and did not grow up in the computer age, please simplify your help responses.  IoT???  What's that?  WPS?  What's that?  The solution might be out there but we simply can not understand the technical terms.  As said, TP-LInk is of little help with this issue.

This problem ONLY affects our iPhones, nothing else.  We have 8 devices on the main network, ie printers, thermostats and so on.  All connect to the network.  But the iPhones?  Nope.  At least once a week one or both iPhones can not connect.  I swear, should I come into some money these Decos are going into the garbage and we'll spend some bucks and get a professional grade network.

Sorry for the rant.  Just spent all morning trying, once again, to solve the "incorrect password" issue.  Thankfully the Starlink router/network doesn't give us the problem and we can always get on the internet.  But the Starlink router has little wide area coverage, hence the Deco system.

"Don't go broke trying to save a penny".  good advice I should remember to heed.

Options
2024-08-08 19:32:50

@WoodyL I believe I fixed it by assigning a different SSID to 6Ghz vs 2.4Ghz/5Ghz - my network now works pretty good.

Options
2024-08-09 21:12:31

@WoodyL the only way I can get past this issue is to reboot the TP-Link Deco routers. Once I do that, I can connect via iOS / iPhone

Options
2024-08-10 08:51:15 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@WoodyL if you don't have any 6Ghz devices try disabling that frequency in the Deco app under "WiFi settings". If you do, and want to keep the 6GHz WiFi try changing the name to something different than the 2.4/5Ghz WiFi and see if it fixes your problems. 

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
Related Articles