2 networks, modem > powerline > powerline > switch > back to original powerline > unify pro extender

2 networks, modem > powerline > powerline > switch > back to original powerline > unify pro extender

2024-03-05 09:51:07
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

So, I am trying to understand if this is possible:

total hardware 

2 x powerline adapters with 2 ports each 

1 unify switch 

1 unify WiFi point

i have a modem Ethernet connected to first-powerline (left port)

First-powerline is connected to a second-powerline 

second-powerline is connected to a unify switch (left port)

unify switch connected to second-powerline (right port)

first-powerline right port to a unify extender

so I want to use the powerline to bring the internet to my unify switch and also connect my switch and UniFi wifi point. 
left port switch brings internet to the switch 

right port connects switch and wifi point 

thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:2 networks, modem > powerline > powerline > switch > back to original powerline > unify pro extender
2024-03-05 18:35:23

@Eneasa 

Hi,

Could you maybe draw this on a sheet of paper and then make a scan or a photo of it and post it here?

Your writing kind of sounds like you are connecting the "unify switch" twice to the "second-powerline", which would not work.

Anyway, in general you can connect whatever devices you want to the Ethernet ports of both TP-PA9020P and those devices will all be part of the same network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 108

Replies: 1

Related Articles