Can't get the IPsec site-to-site VPN to work with remote Sonicwall SOHO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-06 19:16:19
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

I recent bought a TP-Link ER605 VPN router to replace my old Linksys LRT224 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router. The old Linksys was used to connect to two different offices, the remote end being a Sonicwall SOHO in both cases. 

I created the exact same VPN configuration on the ER605, and it doesn't connect to either office. I am not a VPN newbie, I have used Cisco ASA, Juniper, Sonicwall for creating site-to-site VPNs since 15 years.

Sonicwall has a static IP, the ER605 doesn't. So I am using NAME as the local ID type. On the Sonicwall side I have toggled between email address, firewall identifier and Key Identifier. I don't know what is the identifier ER605 is sending to Sonicwall.

But the Sonicwall keeps repeating the same error on its side.

IKE Responder: No VPN Policy found for IKE ID

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't get the IPsec site-to-site VPN to work with remote Sonicwall SOHO
2024-03-07 02:31:03

Hi @TelephonyMan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are seeking help here, please paste your config so others can rule out your misconfig.

If you are that confident there is no mistake at all, you probably should contact the support and illustrate the issue in detail and paste the Wireshark file along with it.

BTW, your firmware is not up to date.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options