Votes

Alway uses channel 42 and cannot set 5GHz Channel manually

Votes

2024-03-07 14:05:31 - last edited 2024-03-08 08:03:30

All 5GHz devices in my neighborhood (8 so far) all use channel 42, including my Deco M4 (EU ver). so yes...got a bit of interference sometimes. 

Network optimization done and app says it has changed channel to 48. Great! Detect wifi channels again and but remains on 42, Even after reboot. not Great!

Trying to set 5GHz Channel manually -> not possible.

Seen old forum post from 4 years ago (April 2020) it is going to be implemented. ("Hi, Deco does not support changing wireless channels yet.")

Please fix so it at least switches channel for real with network optimizer. Even better if finally implement manual channel setting.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Alway uses channel 42 and cannot set 5GHz Channel manually
2024-03-22 04:45:10 - last edited 2024-03-22 04:45:40

The 80 MHz wide channel commonly refered to as 42 actually spans channels 36-48.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5GHz

Sounds like the software incorrectly labels this channel as 48, which is the end of the 80 MHz band used, instead of labeling it as channel 42 which is the center.

So "switching to 48" actually means staying on 42.

A large amount of devices (older/cheaper especially) only support channel 42 as the single 80 MHz band available. It is also the least restrictive part of the 5 GHz frequencys and is usable worldwide.

I would guess you are out of luck here...

Options
Re:Alway uses channel 42 and cannot set 5GHz Channel manually
3 weeks ago

@Ziron 

Thank  you for taking the time to answer.

"A large amount of devices (older/cheaper especially) only support channel 42..."

Nice to know I got older/cheaper device. Maybe time for upgrade. And it must have manual channel select. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.