Compatibilité bbox bouygues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-07 22:36:53 - last edited 2024-03-08 21:11:43
Tags: #Bbox
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

Bonjour,

J'utilise 2 deco x50 sur box orange sans souci depuis un an.

Je viens de passer chez Bouygues (bbox) pour l'accès internet (toujours en fibre) et le simple fait de brancher le déco en mode "acces point" me coupe internet sur la bbox et sur les déco x50, avec une erreur C1 (problème connexion fibre) sur la box.

Avez-vous eu ce souci ?

Comment le régler ?

Je viens de passer en mode router sur le deco x50 principal et pas de problème.

La bbox étant déjà un router, est-ce un mode judicieux ?

Merci

Jason

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Compatibilité bbox bouygues-Solution
2024-03-08 06:28:44 - last edited 2024-03-08 21:11:43

@Ducoude 

Hi, welcome to the community.

With two routers in the same network, you might have a "Double NAT" issue.

Double NAT

Deco X50 in the Access Point mode should work well with Bouygues (Bbox). Since there are 2*Deco X50s, did you use to connect to both X50s via Ethernet cables to Bbox?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Compatibilité bbox bouygues-Solution
2024-03-08 06:28:44 - last edited 2024-03-08 21:11:43

@Ducoude 

Hi, welcome to the community.

With two routers in the same network, you might have a "Double NAT" issue.

Double NAT

Deco X50 in the Access Point mode should work well with Bouygues (Bbox). Since there are 2*Deco X50s, did you use to connect to both X50s via Ethernet cables to Bbox?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Compatibilité bbox bouygues
2024-03-08 21:11:11

@David-TP 

Perfect answer, your link to the double nat explanation is very interesting and finally gives to me the answer of "why prefering the access point mode?", because in "router mode" you have two routers which  must manage the same amount of data, and which can add delay for example.

On my side, I switched back from "router" to "AP mode" and it finally works fine.

My original issue was, maybe, to change my operator (and router) without reseting the deco.

To answer your question, my main deco is connected via Ethernet cable on the bbox. The second deco is connected by Wi-Fi (mesh).

Last question, for my knowledge, in which condition do we need the router mode? Because you'll always have another router from the operator to decode ADSL or fiber connection...

Is it to create your secured network in a network?

Thank you very much.

French version:

C'est parfait le lien proposé pour le double nat répond clairement à mon interrogation sur l'intérêt du mode access point. La réponse étant qu'en mode rougeur nous nous retrouvons avec deux routeurs gérant le même flux d'information et pouvant créer de délais de réponse.

De mon côté le fait de repasser en access point à suffit pour faire fonctionner mon réseau. Mon erreur initiale était peut-être d'avoir changer de box opérateur sans réinitialiser le deco.

Ma config est: déco principal connecté en filaire sur la box. 2ieme déco en Wi-Fi (mesh).

Dernière question, par curiosité, dans quelles conditions le mode router est-il avantageux ? Car il y aura toujours un routeur pour décoder L'ADSL ou la fibre. Est-ce pour créer un réseau sécuriser dans un lieu public ?

Merci beaucoup

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 2

Tags

Bbox
Related Articles