Peculiar network, portforward, web server issue after new router installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Peculiar network, portforward, web server issue after new router installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:Peculiar network, portforward, web server issue after new router installed
2024-03-12 00:10:52 - last edited 2024-03-12 00:14:19

@terziyski 

You are right on the money with the uPNP comment, turning uPNP off on the router after it was playing up fixed the problem within 15 seconds... 

I tried disabling the uPNP in the DCS camera but that seems to make no difference, i could still see it adding entries into the uPNP client list, from what I can see online it is common complaint about them 

When I re-enabled the uPNP in the router, I had to wait a while (all very consistent with the original behaviour) but eventually the camera added a couple of entries, one initially for port 8080 internal to 80 external, and one for port 443, the latter took a bit longer to appear and as soon as it did it packed up again.

So we will go with the original plan and decommission that Camera. 

I guess the only comment I could make for tp-link regarding the firmware going forward is it could be a good idea to have an option to block specific devices from adding uPNP entries, for these older, errant devices 

Much appreciate your help 

Cheers

Options
Related Articles