I have 2 isps with different speeds, how to i connect them both to my LAN network?

I have 2 isps with different speeds, how to i connect them both to my LAN network?

2024-03-09 13:37:04 - last edited 2024-03-11 13:09:33

OK, from looking at load balancing works, it says that the sessions are split between the active WAN's, does this mean that if my device's session has been connected to the lower speed WAN, the effective speed available to the device is less than it would be on the faster WAN? (assuming it doesn't support multiple sessions)

I have 2 isps set up in the building for redundancy. Is it possible to use the ER605 vpn router to connect them both to the LAN network simultaneously and load balance them, along with auto failover? I have 2 isps and i want to use both of them, will connecting them together woth the vpn router increase availabe bandwidth as well? (basically can i run a speedtest and get higher than the max speed provided by one ISP?)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I have 2 isps, how to i connect them both to my LAN network?-Solution
2024-03-11 01:50:23 - last edited 2024-03-11 05:39:30

Hi @14paavang 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might find this very helpful.

In essence, load balance actually meets what you ask for. 2 WANs are providing the Internet to the same LAN.

About the speed part, explained in that pinned thread as well.

Please kindly read what you can find on the forum before a post for further discussion.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:I have 2 isps, how to i connect them both to my LAN network?-Solution
2024-03-11 01:50:23 - last edited 2024-03-11 05:39:30

Hi @14paavang 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might find this very helpful.

In essence, load balance actually meets what you ask for. 2 WANs are providing the Internet to the same LAN.

About the speed part, explained in that pinned thread as well.

Please kindly read what you can find on the forum before a post for further discussion.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options