Votes

Feature Request: Allow EasyMesh™ Support in Future Deco Mesh Networks/Routers (via Firmware Updates)

Votes

Feature Request: Allow EasyMesh™ Support in Future Deco Mesh Networks/Routers (via Firmware Updates)

2024-03-10 17:17:44 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:40:20

Feature Request: EasyMesh on Deco Products (via App Router Updates) 

Please could you add support for the officially released versions of the EasyMesh standard* in any upcoming revisions of your Certified WiFi 7 Deco products?

*(In Reference to the Open-Standard EasyMesh that builds upon the released WIFI CERTIFIED Agile Multiband Features - and I'm NOT talking about linking to any Pre-Existing Implementations of your Proprietary "TP-LINK OneMesh" function

In particular I'd love to see the Deco Mesh products (Like the Deco BE85) natively  support using WiFi-Certified EasyMesh with eachother (when managing their 'Optimised Deco Backhauls' over Ethernet + Wi-Fi.) Before anyone says, I know they aren't supposed to be compatible with the old proprietary 'TP-Link OneMesh' systems but that's not what I'm focusing on here.

I'm more interested in the Officially Recognised  Open-Standard and whether its theoretically possible to beta test a firmware upgrade using the TP-Link Apps which could open the door to adding Deco Routers with even just *partial* compatibility with "Certified EasyMesh" in our networks

(It wouldn't even need to like its compatible with every previously released Deco product out there.  I'd still be completely happy with pretty much any compatibility support update that I could get - even if its just compatible with one or two Deco options that we'd add to the Backhaul used by our Deco Mesh Networks, whether linking over WiFi or by adding an Ethernet connection) 

Unless it is just 100% Impossible in theory to add compatibility with EM (Certified EasyMesh) like your other products seem to have done?   

Also if it really is just completely impossible to even start work on laying any foundations for us adding a Partially EM compatible Router to our pre-existing Deco networks (via Beta Software/Firmware Upgrades - like you could for the BE800

AND If there's also no way to replace the currently used antenna in some of our Deco routers, or even to let us plug in some kind of 'TP-Link Compatible' add-on module for it... 

...Then how about you consider adding it to future hardware revisions of the same products? Like why not try implementing it in regions where you would eventually release a BE85.v2 or Consider classifying any future hardware that could support it as a newly upgraded line of products that are called: 

'Our New & Improved: 

"TP-Link Deco+" range!

(We plan to test software updates for our "Deco+" Routers in the future that should allow for Backwards-Compatibility with MOST* of recently released Deco Mesh products which are currently available at retail stores in your local region)' 

or to just try anything along those kind of lines, If that makes sense?

--- --- --- 

But Could you atleast answer this one question? If you don't want to consider whether it's possible to support some level EasyMesh-Compatibility in any of our purchased Deco Mesh Routers: 

- Is there any possible hardware compatibility at all in any of your Deco Router products, even if EasyMesh-Compatibility is not implemented in the 'Stable' Firmware updates that have been made publicly available from the app?

--- --- --- 

I'm just trying to work out where the restrictions on implementing EM Compatibility are at the moment: 

Either it is: 

a.) That anybody would be restricted from even looking into testing it by some kind of physical limitation that somehow would stop any & all 'EasyMesh-Compatible features' from being retroactively supported (via beta firmware upgrades) in the currently released hardware revisions of all your Deco products, 

or 

b.) It could be possible to theoretically add an EasyMesh-Compatible Deco Router or two released in the future to replace parts of our currently deployed BE85 Mesh Networks ...atleast at some point down the road, but it's just held back by the issue that TP-Link never planned on trying to implement compatibility for it yet in any of their upcoming higher-end Deco routers which are currently being worked on. (i.e. The ones labelled as "Coming Soon" in the press release statements that you sometimes post online) 

Can someone atleast enquire or look into giving us an update that would support this for future router additions to our networks? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Update Request: Certified Agile Multiband + EasyMesh™ Compatibility in Deco Routers/Mesh Networks
2024-03-10 17:27:41 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:40:20

Whew took all day typing this. Sorry if I did this wrong, I try my best to follow rules but it's hard enough doing this kind of stuff on account of multiple disabilities I struggle with. Very much appreciate your understanding & patience in that regard.  

Whether or not this is possible would inform when I purchase my next router & which type it would be. (Between OneMesh vs Deco Mesh)

And im really really hoping 🤞🏽 that maybe some kind forum moderator staff members who see this could refer it to TP-Link Devs & Engineering Staff, to ask about whether they could look into this post & investigate if any currently supported Deco Routers available to buy right now could be theoretically updated with some level of EasyMesh Compatibility?

And also if those Engineers & Devs could look into whether there are any plans considering a possible Deco Router in the future that could be officially certified as able to natively utilise EasyMesh fresh 'out-of-the-box' from the date of its release?

(i.e. Wouldn't need new hardware revisions & firmware upgrades afterwards to add compatibility support)

Options
Re:Re: Update Request: Certified Agile Multiband + EasyMesh™ Compatibility in Deco Routers/Mesh Networks
2024-03-10 19:23:25 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:40:20

@Adpocalyptic 

Note:

I know you can't just say what releases will be announced in the future, I'm more asking if we certification is possible for any currently released Deco Hardware & if we would be able to opt-in for stuff like Private Betas (re: EasyMesh-Related Firmware Upgrades to manually install) without needing to replace older hardware in our TP-Link Mesh Networks. 

Options
Re:Re: Update Request: Certified Agile Multiband + EasyMesh™ Compatibility in Deco Routers/Mesh Networks
2024-03-11 09:39:42 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:40:20

@Adpocalyptic 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if EasyMesh feature can come to Deco Routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Deco)' area for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 141

Replies: 3

Voters 2