Does Deco X50 support OpenVPN Server?

2024-03-12 02:17:51
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.4

According to the spec, Deco X50 supports OpenVPN server. However, I could not find this feature in the app. Anyone can confirm if OpenVPN is supported or not? 

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/home-networking/deco/deco-x50/v1%20(3-pack)/#specifications

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does Deco X50 support OpenVPN Server?
2024-03-13 07:39:15

@ebuddy 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

I noticed your firmware is 2.0.4. Usually the ISP-customized firmware version starts with 2.x.x. Have you checked the bottom product label on the Deco X50? anything like "ISP-US"?

For the general model of Deco X50 with its latest firmware 1.2.0/1.4.0, they should support VPN server/client.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-13 18:34:32

@David-TP 

David, thanks for the info. I checked the label at the bottom of the router, and did not see the ISP remark. Could you tell from the photo if this model is ISP customized? 

And here is the firmware version:

Thanks.

Options
2024-03-14 03:42:43

@ebuddy 

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The label didn't tell that but the firmware is indeed a customized version for local ISP. Since the firmware is customized according to ISP requirements, we cannot modify it without permission from the ISP.

Did you get the Deco from the internet service provider? Or did you purchase this unit online on your own?

If It is indeed from ISP, It's recommended to contact your ISP directly to ask for a firmware upgrade.

If not from ISP, I think you could return it first and replace it with a general model.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options