Known Device Alerts - fails to save

2024-03-14 09:52:27 - last edited 2024-03-14 09:56:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

More often than not making amendments to the Known Device Alerts fails to save, or fails to save part of the command.

This seems to have been a persistent issue whether I do this remotely (from a different network) or locally (whilst on the same network), and also appears to be irrespective of which local device I try to set the alerts on.

This is the only command that I issue via the app to the units which seems to fail, all other settings changes or commands work faultlessly.

Is there a fix for this? 

Sometimes only one part of the alert saves (e.g Online only when Online and Offline is requested).  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Known Device Alerts - fails to save
2024-03-15 06:13:29

@larkim 

Hi, Is your Deco M4 working in wireless router mode and access point mode?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time?

It is also suggested to refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-15 06:35:52

@David-TP this is in router mode.

Yes, I can reproduce, tried at least 15 times last night to set a new alert up and each time it failed. 

Have submitted an app log as per those instructions.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP I went through the official support route and all they could do was send me guides for how to create an alert, and seemingly ignored the actual issue I was having.

The issue persists, I cannot add / amend connection alerts either reliably or (at the moment seemingly) at all.  Every time I get a message telling me it couldn't be saved.

This can't just be me can it?

I've now got a separate issue since the recent update of the app which means I'm not getting the push alerts either.  I'll post about that on the forum separately as it is a separate issue I believe.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 80

Replies: 3

Related Articles