Problem with IPTV on Deco M4

2024-03-15 15:27:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hey Guys,

I tried to setup an IPTV via my Deco M4 mesh system, as the TP Link powerline most likely died of age :)

The problem I have is that the main Deco, which on LAN port 1 has ISP router connection and I wanted to use LAN port 2 to connect the ISP router to the TV port. Each time I do this, the whole home loses the internet access. I can only regain the internet access if I disconnect the LAN port 2. Do you know what is going on? I wasn't able to use the IPTV in bridge mode feature beacuse of this. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problem with IPTV on Deco M4
2024-03-18 08:42:04

@Michaelslay90 

Hi, According to the description, it looks like there is a dedicated IPTV port on the ISP router. I don't think the first main Deco M4 could use separate Ethernet ports to receive internet and IPTV data spontaneously from the ISP router.

If actually, the IPTV box works with any LAN ports on the ISP router(no specific port is required), we don't need to connect the LAN port 2 on the first main M4 to the ISP router.

You can refer to this link to only specify a port for the IPTV STB box:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-03-18 09:13:42

@David-TP Hello David, thank you for the reply,

Yes, there's a dedicated port on the ISP router which I use now via TP-Link PowerLine but the signal quality recently got bad, that's why I looked into the Deco,

The TV box has to be connected to that particular port. Can I still do it via the Deco's?

Thank you,

Michal

Options
2024-03-19 00:50:22

@Michaelslay90 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I'm afraid it can't.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-19 08:00:02

@Michaelslay90 ok thank you, I did some test yesterday, even with a second deco and it didn't work. Is there a plan to software fix it in the future?

Options
2024-03-20 02:32:26

@Michaelslay90 

Hi, I haven't heard any news about it yet. Will keep you updated if there is any in the future.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-20 08:10:11

@David-TP thank you, without it, majority of the local IPTV providers have a fixed port, might be more people that suffer on top of me:)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 180

Replies: 6

Related Articles