Multiple VPNs having connection issues

2024-03-16 09:28:00 - last edited 2024-03-21 09:25:37
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ‪1.3.0 0.9.1

Since a while I have connection issues if multiple people use (separate business) VPN.

I'm from Austria with Magenta carrier where the router is set to bridge mode and directly afterwards I connected my Archer MR600.

I have all ALG options I found enabled in NAT→ALG and wonder what can help me solve this issue.

ref1.: https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/s/DZomiNY5Sj

ref2.: https://community.magenta.at/topic/9451-mehrere-vpns-haben-verbindungsprobleme/
(marking as link not possible...?)

Options
5 Reply
Re:Multiple VPNs having connection issues
2024-03-19 01:42:02

@rala 

Hi, you are using wireless router mode on the MR600, right?

Please download the latest firmware and update the firmware to see if it helps: Firmware Download for Archer MR600 V2

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-19 21:47:50

@Sunshine

Yes, it's in wireless mode.

I updated the firmware now and keep you updated.

Have honestly never checked the support page and the integrated version check always returned that I have already the newest version.

Thank you for the note, that there is actually a newer version - was already wondering cheeky

Options
2024-03-21 07:51:26 - last edited 2024-03-21 08:15:03

@Sunshine 

Ok, the issues still persist.

My mother (with a different VPN than myself, using Cisco AnyConnect) was initially not able to log in, then it reconnects all the time.

After she was able to log in, I was kicked out and had to relogin in my VPN (using Windows integrated one).

Now I'm logged in and right now it seems to work fine from my side, but I think my mother still reports that it's slow.

Edit: Ok, I'm also having some connection issues/slower connection from time to time...

Options
2024-03-21 14:13:55

I just noticed, that in the Windows Event Log are many DNS warnings...

Looks like that's an issue.

But I'm not sure how to configure that best.

I had Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) set up on DHCP and on the internet option itself

(or a mixture of default and Google, I honestly have played around with it so often, that I probably had all permutations already).

Options
2024-03-30 09:52:08

@Sunshine any other ideas or solutions?

It's getting a bit annoying frown.

Thank you in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 284

Replies: 5

Related Articles