How to restrict spread of WiFi signals

2024-03-17 18:17:31
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm setting up a WiFi service in a small (10m x 5m) building for a charity client. The WiFi works really well between floors, but the signal is also "visible" outside the building, across the road. What I need to be able do is block or severely restrict the WiFi signal so that it only works within the building.

The SSID needs to be visible, and I've set up WiFi on a schedule. It's a guest network so the password won't change often.

Is this possible, and what would I need to do it? One suggestion has been to put a foil sheet behind the antennae. Any feedback would be very welcome!

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to restrict spread of WiFi signals
2024-03-18 18:56:18

@PeterGarner 

Try the following:

and check which one (Middle or Low) works best for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:How to restrict spread of WiFi signals
2024-03-25 07:23:19 - last edited 2024-03-25 07:23:32

@terziyski thanks! I've tried Medium but

PeterGarner wrote

I'm setting up a WiFi service in a small (10m x 5m) building for a charity client. The WiFi works really well between floors, but the signal is also "visible" outside the building, across the road. What I need to be able do is block or severely restrict the WiFi signal so that it only works within the building.

The SSID needs to be visible, and I've set up WiFi on a schedule. It's a guest network so the password won't change often.

Is this possible, and what would I need to do it? One suggestion has been to put a foil sheet behind the antennae. Any feedback would be very welcome!

the range is still too far - I'll try Low next ...

Options