Deco M5 low speed wifi

Deco M5 low speed wifi

Deco M5 low speed wifi
Deco M5 low speed wifi
2024-03-19 22:17:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.4

How that can be that on wifi i get only 10mb. the deco connect via mocca to the deco main and it spread the internet with the mocca.

i get on the main mocca - 300mb on wifi.

on the second mocca when it connect to the mocca i get - 10/100 on wifi, and 300/100 on wired connection.

i should get 10/10 i dont get it why is the upload so high but the download isnt.

if i dissconect the mocca from the second mocca i get 100mb on wifi.

what can be the problem? i see that i can get the 300mb speed with wired connection so why it be like that and i get really low wifi speed??

thanks for whos helping 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 low speed wifi
2024-03-26 11:18:19

@LeSade 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Do you mean that Deco units are connected via MOCA, such as:

Is the low wireless speed from both satellites Deco M5?

Are you able to reproduce the slow wireless speed issue on different mobile devices?

-Please also make sure they are connected to the 5Ghz.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-26 12:24:38

@David-TP 

Hey David thanks for your replay.

Yes the slow connection is on wifi on multiply devices that connected with 5GHZ to the deco.

I dont understand why is the connection so slow.

also on the main deco i get only 500mb on 5GHZ when im near the deco it supposed to be 800mb isnt it? - i get 800mb with the ips router is it matter with my devices.

Options
2024-03-26 13:51:59 - last edited 2024-03-26 13:52:43

LeSade wrote

@David-TP 

also on the main deco i get only 500mb on 5GHZ when im near the deco it supposed to be 800mb isnt it? - i get 800mb with the ips router is it matter with my devices.

@LeSade 

Deco M5 is WiFi5, with maximum theoretical speed of 866Mbps, but actual real life speed of about 500Mbps. The best I ever had in very many speed tests with my M5 in almost ideal conditions is 530Mbps.

Your Main Deco delivers maximum it can.

Your ISP router must be WiFi6 at least, that's why it is faster. If you replace Deco M5 with WiFi mesh that supports at least WiFi6 (or WiFi6E or WiFi7), you'll see faster speeds.

When everything is right, your Satellite Deco connected through MoCA adapters should deliver same WiFi speed as Main Deco. I use MoCA adapter with one of my Satellite M5, it works very well, as good as Ethernet cable. Wired speed close to gigabit (I have gigabit Internet link) and WiFi speed is up to 500Mbps - maximum M5 is capable of.

Not every MoCA adapter is compatible with Deco Ethernet backhaul. For my house I am using the following MoCA adapters "ScreenBeam Bonded MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter Model: ECB6200S02" These are compatible with Deco mesh.

------------

If you want to have more help from people like me or TP-Link Support, you need to provide more info. Draw network diagram which will show how every device connect to each other: ISP router to Main Deco, Main Deco to MoCA adapter(s), MoCA adapter to Satellite Deco.

You should also provide brand and model name of MoCA adapters you are using, and also brand and model name of your ISP Router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 3

Related Articles