AC750 Slow Speeds

AC750 Slow Speeds
AC750 Slow Speeds
2024-03-20 13:03:10 - last edited 2024-03-21 01:08:13
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Model is the AC750 i believe. 

I saw on another thread I now can't find (thanks to this clunky forum) that renaming your network does improve the speed of the extended connection and i've found this to be the case.  It's still not as fast as the Virgin Fibre input but gone up to 100mbs from about 30.

Go into the tether app and simply rename your _EXT network to your own personalised one that's different from your incoming router's.  You'll lose the connection from your devices to this network but re-connect and off you go.

You're welcome.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC750 Slow Speeds
2024-03-22 09:31:37

@nerdalert 

Hi, How much internet speed you could get from the Virgin router if you unplug the RE200 and stand in the same place?

The 5Ghz link speed of RE200 is up to 433m/s and please check whether the current link speed on the mobile device:

After that, it is also suggested to change the wireless channel on the Virgin router, like channel 48 for 5GHz.

RE200 also supports "High Speed" under Settings> Advanced settings and please also enable the "High Speed" mode.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:AC750 Slow Speeds
2024-03-23 14:39:57

@David-TP 

many thanks. Tbh I was just happy to have renamed the network and improved speed!
I connected to the original Virgin network and speeds were broadly similar but signal strength obvs not as strong as the extension.  Right next to the router (in the living room downstairs across other side from box room office) is much quicker (300mb/s).  TP link app diagnosed extension network as good speed / strength (see attached).
for someone of my technical ability I'm gonna stick with what I've got.  Ideally putting booster halfway might help but there isn't a socket between boxroom and downstairs.  

If I'm feeling brave or want to improve that speed I'll try playing around with settings as advised. many thanks,

'Nerdalert' 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 2

Related Articles