Lan devices with static IP,s

2024-03-20 14:09:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have some network devices configured on the subnet range of the Deco but is not part of the DHCP range of the Deco. This includes the management IP of TP linkCPE210 devices for a external bridge to an out building. I'm using deco backhaul to connect the mesh in another building.This seems to work but I'm having intermittent issues that seems to fix if I reboot one of the cpe 210 devices for a time. The symptoms are it just says no internet access on WiFi. Or it just goes silly slow. I have a 600mb fibre connection and the WiFi of the fibre provider works fine when I have this issue on the deco mesh network.

Any initial thoughts? I'm using the latest firmware for the cpe's and one behind on the decos. I seemed to have more issues on the latest M5 firmware so disabled auto update and rolled back.

Thanks

Martin 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Lan devices with static IP,s
2024-03-22 08:48:33

@Stick2001 "no internet access on WiFi": does this affect the devices connected by wifi on the main Deco?  Does this affect only devices with static IP addresses?Did you consider setting the mode of the Deco to AP?

Options
2024-03-22 09:39:44

@Stick2001 

Hi, Can you explain your network topology to us, such as how CPE210s are connected to Deco M5?

Do you use the CPE210s as a wireless bridge to connect the satellite M5 via an Ethernet cable, like:

ISP wireless gateway----main Deco M5----CPE210#1 ) ) ) ( ( ( CPE210#2----satellite Deco M5

As for the "intermittent issues", it is only on the satellite Deco M5?

yves_b idea about setting Deco M5 into Access Point mode is really worth a try.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-27 21:46:28

@yves_b it's all wireless devices including those on the main deco. I have thought about AP mode but will Llloose many features I use like parental control controls

Options
2024-03-27 21:47:46

@yves_b the static IP devices are not used for internet access, only management ips

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 93

Replies: 4

Related Articles