Blocked access to one.one.one.one

Blocked access to one.one.one.one

13 Reply
Re:Blocked access to one.one.one.one
2024-03-28 14:04:38

@BAFlyer, what an incredibly frustrating response. I haven't had a chance to chase this since my original post because of work, etc.

If I revert my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, I lose all internet due to the blocking by the web protection.

Yes, web protection is ‘just doing its job’; however, blocking access to the internet when using a reputable DNS service that is supposed to promote internet safety is not the best way for a service to be ‘just doing its job’.

I work as an IT Manager for a medium-sized business. If i told my Directors that they couldn't access the internet or business-critical services because the protection was ‘just doing its job’, I'm not sure i would still be in a job.

It seems to be mainly affecting Apple devices, but sadly for me, the majority of devices I use at home are Apple (MacBook, iPad,iPhone, Homekit).

Options
Re:Blocked access to one.one.one.one-Solution
2024-03-29 03:11:53 - last edited 2024-03-29 03:12:08

@TECreasey 

@BAFlyer 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I received the update from the engineer earlier and this should be fixed now.

It is suggested to restart the entire Mesh system first, then check if Web protection continues to block access to the cloudflare DNS domain one.one.one.one.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Blocked access to one.one.one.one
2024-03-29 13:55:39

@David-TP 

Thank you David-TP.

I have reset the mesh system this morning, as advised, and so far there have been no errant blocking  messages about the cloudflare DNS.

Regrads

Options

Tags

Web protection
Related Articles