AV600 - Slow download speed, fast upload speed

2024-03-23 23:07:49 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20

I have had the AV600s for a while now, but recently (as in the past few months) the download speed has been dropping off whil my upload speed has dropped a little but remained the same for the most part.

Both on the WiFi and wired connections to the extender are barely getting above 3Mbps down, while the upload is consistantly around 15Mbps. Connection to the router directly, both wired and wireless get around 60Mbps down.

The Utility app shows that, the speed between the PA4010 and the WPA4220 is over 200Mbps and my ethernet port is working at 100Mbps. I have tried it in mutliple rooms, pluged next to the PA4010, as well as 4 different ethernet cables, reset the entire system twice, updated the Utility on my PC and the firmware on each device, and the results remain the same.

Ive done everything i can think of and all the troubleshooting i can but cant find a solution. Am I missing something or is it a problem with my houses elecrtical system, and if it is a problem with my houses elecrtical system, why is the upload speed 5 times faster than the download speed?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AV600 - Slow download speed, fast upload speed-Solution
2024-03-25 21:59:49 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Beaves 

Here are basic troubleshooting steps when your PLC rate is low.

There are some useful links at the end of this article that you can use as well.

Here's an article that describes how the home apliances can afect the PLC performance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 - Slow download speed, fast upload speed-Solution
2024-03-25 21:59:49 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Beaves 

Here are basic troubleshooting steps when your PLC rate is low.

There are some useful links at the end of this article that you can use as well.

Here's an article that describes how the home apliances can afect the PLC performance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 1

Related Articles