OnePlus 12 can't find the 6ghz wifi 6e network

2024-03-24 15:38:08
Tags: #6ghz
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all. I recently got a OnePlus 12 and found it supports upto wifi 7 so I got a deco XE75 mesh router to use the 6ghz band. I then setup the deco verified that wifi 6 i.e. 5ghz network works just fine. Then I went ahead and enabled wifi 6e for client on deco app which by default is set to backhaul. However after enabling it I can't find the network. I tried connecting manually as well it says network not found. I have verified that I am correctly using wpa3 personal and I have also rebooted both the mesh routers from the app and still no luck. With the rarity of wifi 6e clients and routers here I am unable to troubleshoot this effectively if the issue is with the router or the phone so any help would be greatly appreciated

Options
3 Reply
Re:OnePlus 12 can't find the 6ghz wifi 6e network
2024-03-25 03:48:15

@Animesh2 

Hi, did you purchase both the OnePlus 12 and Deco XE75 from the local market?

Based on the Wi-Fi 6E Insights Newsletter of WiFI Alliance, It seems the 6GHz hasn't been adopted by the local Wi-Fi regulations.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-25 20:20:25

Hello @David-TP, Good day! and thanks for responding. You are correct, I got both the devices from the Indian market. While I will be checking the same with the oneplus folks could you please tell me if in the future the Govt considers and adopts the 6GHz standard would TP link push a firmware update for the deco router to emit 6GHz signals or for the Indian market the deco XE75 does not have the required hardware. Thanks & Regards, Animesh. 

Options
2024-03-26 03:08:18

@Animesh2 

Hi, yes, there is no need to change the hardware of Deco XE75.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1305

Replies: 3

Tags

6ghz
Related Articles