Problems setting up Deco M5 with BT full fibre hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-29 01:15:35

I Had an EE router working with my 3 station M5 mesh network. Today I went to BT full fibre now my master M5 unit flashes blue but will not go to steady blue. The Ethernet cable is plugged into one of the hub's yellow Ethernet ports. Is there an incompatibility between DecoM5 and BT full fibre. I have tried everything x power off/on, reset button different ports on the hub and the M5 but the blue light refuses to go to solid blue

any ideas anyone? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems setting up Deco M5 with BT full fibre hub
2024-03-29 08:05:18

@Martlet86 

Hi, Did you reset Deco M5 before or remove it from the Deco APP since flashing blue means Deco has been reset into setup-ready mode?

Maybe you could go back to Deco APP>"+" on the top right>create a network to set up M5 again.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Problems setting up Deco M5 with BT full fibre hub
2024-03-29 10:23:23

@Martlet86 

Try removing the BT hub altogether and connect the master M5 direct to the BT FTTP ONT via ethernet cable, then configure a PPPoE connection, username and password can be taken from BT hub or are on the web via google search.

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 2

Related Articles