x75 constantly kicking devices off network

2024-03-29 20:11:34
Model: Deco X75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231226 Rel. 75366

Devices are constantly getting kicks off of the network. Most are the Kasa switches and plugs. I have ~80 devices across 3 Decos. By far the worst wifi I've ever experienced, and I work in IT. Configuration of the devices are extremely over-simplified and useless for troubleshooting issues or configuring anything meaningful on the devices themselves.

How do I stop it from adding devices to the 'flood table'? 

Before you replay with your script saying to remove the mesh setting on all the static devices, I've already done that.

Wed Sep 13 02:05:40 2023 user.emerg procd: uci: Entry not found

Options
10 Reply
Re:x75 constantly kicking devices off network
2024-03-29 20:13:33

Seems like a bad software theme when I can't even post the log here because 'Content or title contains illegal external links.'

Options
2024-04-01 12:28:09

Appears the support is as good as the devices

Options
2024-04-01 14:22:47 - last edited 2024-04-01 14:24:34

@worstntwrkever 

What 'flood table' is, and where do you see this table in Deco app or elsewhere?

What does "Devices are constantly getting kicks off of the network" mean, in details? How do you recover device from that condition (from disconnect) or does it recover on its own?

Providing network diagram is also helpful. If there are switches through which Satellite Deco connect - their brand, model.

Clarifying if problematic devices connect to Main, Guest or IoT Network is useful.

Specifying how that Network is configured (dual band, security, etc.) is a must.

Does Deco mesh run in default Router or in Access Point mode.

You are saying you work in IT. Look at your original post as an escalation to IT Support at your place of work and ask yourself if it does provide enough information.

I won't promise resolution or workarounds, but you should be starting with detailed problem description to expect anything. Unless you are just venting your frustration before packing Deco hardware and sending it back to retailer for refund. Then, never mind.

Also, thanks for not posting logs, unless they are curated and only have relevant info. Nothing more annoying than to scroll through pages after pages of irrelevant log lines. You must know that feeling if you work in IT and spend time troubleshooting other people problems.

-----------

About my Deco mesh. 

Consists of M9 Plus and M5 nodes.

Runs in Access Point mode.

Guest Network is set as single band 2.4 GHz. M9 Plus doesn't have IoT Network option, using Guest Network as a substitute.

Three Kasa smart plugs HS103 connected to Guest Network. Connection is stable.

TP-Link Home Security Wi-Fi Camera C225 also connects to Guest Network. Streams 24/7 in HD, stable connection.

Options
2024-04-02 03:09:58

@worstntwrkever 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If possible, you could send the logs files to support.forum@tp-link.com.

It would be very useful if you could help us check the details mentioned by Alexander.

Are the two satellite Deco XE75 Pro units wireless connected to the main Deco, or via Ethernet cable instead?

Although smart home devices do not use much internet capacity, having around 80 devices over 2.4GHz may be an overload. According to the previous user feedback, the 2.4GHz performance over Deco do need further optimization especially with a large number of IoT devices.

Did you find the smart devices are constantly getting kicks off of the network through Deco APP, or Kasa APP?

I used to see some false alarms on the Deco APP about frequent online/offline notifications in the Message when the smart devices were working properly.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-04-02 13:05:59

@Alexandre.

Thank you for you reply.

Devices are inaccessable even though the devices themselves is not showing any wifi connection issues.  To regain access I need to reset the device. this happens with many devices including Kasa switches, plugs and lights as well as ESP devices. Seems to be isolated to the 2.4G network as this is where all of these IoT devices connect to. Decos are in AP mode, I was getting even more connection issues when in router mode. Doesn't seem to matter if they are on the main, IoT or Guest network, all get disconnections. Enryption is WPA Personal.

Options
2024-04-02 13:13:53

@David-TP 

All Decos are connected directly to eachother via ethernet. I don't typically used Deco app for smart device control. I use Home assistant for control of these devices and it frequently shows the devices offline. When I check these devices in the Kasa app, they are also unavailable. I have ~40 Kasa devices and ~30 ESP devices on the 2.4G network, all of which loose connection. 

Options
2024-04-02 13:20:26
Email has been sent
Options
2024-04-03 06:13:37

@worstntwrkever 

Hi, thank you and the email has been received.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check the email later for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-10 12:51:42

@David-TP 

What are these 'further optimizations' that I can apply to make Deco's work as they should?

Options
2024-04-11 02:18:16

I have an almost identical configuration (same router, similar devices, with 23 IoT devices mainly Kasa). 

I'm also having similar issues and have opened a ticket. The initial ticket response was to install an old firmware which didn't install. I'm curious what the optimizations are as there are very few options that I believe would help and have already turned them all off. 

Given that first line support tried to get me to do a firmware update of a previous version it leads me to believe this is a hardware or firmware issue. 

The one thing that I did notice is that my SSID for my IoT network seems to not be found occasionally. So I'm wondering if the IoT network is actually unavailable which is why I have low number of successful connections. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 346

Replies: 10

Related Articles