Ethernet backhaul dont work behind switch

2024-03-30 17:59:12 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Newest

ethernet backhaul only works if I connect the AX53 satellite router (same with AX23) directly to the main router. If there is a Switch on the way, only a wireless connection is established.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet backhaul dont work behind switch-Solution
2024-03-31 16:26:09 - last edited 2024-04-01 08:15:54

@terziyski 

I think I solved the problem. It looks like the problem is the dlink dg105 switches. Especially if there is more than one. Ultimately, if I changed the dlink switches to tplink and left only the dlink switch on the last node, the ethernet backhaul connection was established, but it took over 15 minutes. When I also changed the last switch to TPLink, I was able to connect immediately

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul dont work behind switch
2024-03-30 22:04:39 - last edited 2024-03-31 17:03:37

@yanck 

What make and model is your switch ? Some switches may cause a problem like this. Have you tried with another make and model ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul dont work behind switch-Solution
2024-03-31 16:26:09 - last edited 2024-04-01 08:15:54

@terziyski 

I think I solved the problem. It looks like the problem is the dlink dg105 switches. Especially if there is more than one. Ultimately, if I changed the dlink switches to tplink and left only the dlink switch on the last node, the ethernet backhaul connection was established, but it took over 15 minutes. When I also changed the last switch to TPLink, I was able to connect immediately

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-31 17:06:17

@yanck 

Yes, D-Link switches notably can cause such an issue especially if you use Deco ethernet backhaul - details.

" Note: The Deco Ethernet backhaul feature is based on the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol. However, we have found that some switches, mainly D-Link switches, will not forward packets based on IEEE 1905.1 protocol, causing all Deco units to enter a network loop and causing instability. If you find yourself in this situation, we would suggest considering another switch or contacting the switch’s support team directly. TP-Link Switches are mostly compatible with our Deco’s Ethernet backhaul. "

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-02 14:30:19

@terziyski 

So we see that this problem of dlink switches applies not only to Deco systems but also to Easymesh systems in classic routers.

Options
2024-04-02 16:23:19

@yanck 

That's the most probable outcome considering current thread issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 5

Related Articles