Deco X68 compatibility with Access points

2024-03-31 09:03:14
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Moving to a new house and want to extend the wifi to upstairs. I currently have deco x68, so simplest seems to get another unit and run an ethernet cable between the current units and the new unit and that will extend the network and create an access point / wifi mesh network that is the same downstairs and upstairs?

Alternatively i'm wondering if there is a deco unit similar to a unifi access point that i can mount in the ceiling and connect via ethernet to extend the same wifi network. I see there is a Deco X50-PoE V2 which has a ceiling mount. Dumb question but i can't find a clear answer online. Can i connect this to my deco x68 network and it extends the same wifi network? Are deco units compatible between different models? Or i need to use the same x68 model to extend and put it in the ceiling upstairs hidden somewhere?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X68 compatibility with Access points
2024-03-31 09:28:18
My next google search seems to confirm they are all compatible. Assume it will be fine then! Thanks
Options
Re:Deco X68 compatibility with Access points
2024-03-31 11:59:05 - last edited 2024-03-31 12:04:27

@netwerkman 

All Deco models are designed to be compatible, yet some pair better than others.

Mixing Deco models from the X-series is generally fine. For instance, the X68 works well with the X50-POE. However, integrating models like the XE75 or M5 with the X68 mesh could lead to slight complications.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 2

Related Articles