Encountering Error Message on Archer AX1800 Router

2024-04-02 06:08:03
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Greetings community,

I've been encountering an error message on my Archer AX1800 router (Model: Archer AX1800, Hardware Version: V1) and it seems to be related to the firmware version. The error message prompts me to update the firmware, but I'm unsure about which version to choose.

Could someone please provide guidance on resolving this error and selecting the appropriate firmware version for my router?

Regards Chitra Mishra
Options
1 Reply
Re:Encountering Error Message on Archer AX1800 Router
2024-04-03 07:54:20

@chitra150 

There are two methods to update firmware for TP-Link Archer Router:

Online Upgrade:

1) Using the web management interface, go to Advanced -> System Tools -> Firmware Upgrade to check for online updates.

2) Using the Tether APP, go to Tools -> System > Firmware Upgrade to check for online updates.

Manual Upgrade:

1) Download the firmware from our official website: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/.

2) Login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced -> System Tools -> Firmware Upgrade, upload the downloaded firmware and start the upgrade.

For more detailed instruction, you may refer to the FAQ: How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers

If you are still not sure, please let us know if your Archer AX1800 is EU, US or any other versions, and what the current firmware version is.

By the way, please also share with us screenshots of the error message and let us know usually when the error message appears.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options