Extender RE205

Extender RE205

Extender RE205
Extender RE205
3 weeks ago
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I can give a different network name in the extended network, but the password is taken over from the main network. Is it possible to assign a different password in the extended network in this model? If not, does TP Link have models that provide this possibility?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Extender RE205
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@MadBlade 

Usually REs copy the host wireless network password to the extended network - check this post.

If you want more flexibility you can get Archer C54 which has a range extender mode and you can change the password as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@MadBlade 

@terziyski 

Hi, here is also a full support list of Customizing Password and Encryption Type on Range Extenders:

Support Customizing Password and Encryption Type on Range Extenders

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@MadBlade Is this extender reccomended? 

Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski

I'm looking for an extender with this option, not an additional router, but thank you.

@David-TP

It's a pity that such information is not included in the standard technical parameters.

@Vivaan_Chainani

For my needs I do not recommend it. I found such a solution in a simple extender from another company.

Options
3 weeks ago

@MadBlade 

My point was that if you choose a device like Archer C54 (it can work in three different modes: wireless router, access point and range extender) you'll benefut more that using RE205 (although it supports Easymesh). I also believe that C54 wiould have a wider wireless coverage and their price tag is similar.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski 

I know what the C54's capabilities are, but I'm looking here not in terms of capabilities, but in terms of the size of the device itself.

Options
3 weeks ago

@MadBlade 

I have to agree that in terms of size RE205 has a smaller footprint.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 7

Related Articles