PC (via Switch) can't see Wireless Printer (via Deco) anymore.

2024-04-08 22:08:50
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel 40485

Hello Community,

I have a new problem with my Deco. My PC, what is connected to the network via networkcable directly to the switch, can't see my wireless printer, what is connected to the Decos, anymore. It worked fine until today. I never updated inbetween. I did that today but no change.

Here is how my Network looks like:

Router 🖧 5-Port unmanaged Switch 🖧 PC

Router 🖧 5-Port unmanaged Switch 🖧 Main Deco 🛜Deco Office 🛜 Printer

I tried to poke arround in the Settings and couldn't find anything why it should not work. I also tried reconnecting the printer. Decos are also in Accespint Mode.

I gennerally can't connect to anything what is connected to the Decos from my PC, not even to the main Deco itself. When I ping the Deco's IP there is no response.

But I can connect to the Router and my NAS what is also directly connected to the switch.

When my Laptop is connected to the Deco's WiFi, I can see and connect to everything from it.

I know you usually put the switch after the first Deco, but I don't want that, and it worked fine before.

Is there any setting what I maybe miss, so I can access the Deco's network from my physical network again?

Thanks for your help!

- Udo

Options
2 Reply
Re:PC (via Switch) can't see Wireless Printer (via Deco) anymore.
2024-04-09 03:45:03

@Udo_W 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

May I know the model number of your 5-Port unmanaged Switch?

Could you please confirm on the Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode, that Deco is in Access Point mode now?

If yes, did it help to restart the unmanaged Switch once?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:PC (via Switch) can't see Wireless Printer (via Deco) anymore.
2024-04-09 09:32:21

@David-TP thank you for your fast reply!

I tried to reconnect the printer again this morning and all of a sudden it is working. IDK for sure why but now the printer has the subnet mask of my hard network and not the Deco's anymore like before. I will try to reconnect the other devices this evening and let you know if it worked there too.

I also have a clue why it was like this: On the day it was not working anymore, the power went down and I have to start my router manually, so when the power came back on there was only the Deco's subnet mask so everything connected to this. When I reconnected the devices the first time the router was on, but there is a chance it was updating, as the Internet did not work for a minute when I tried to find my printer after the first reconnection. I will test this theory tonight and let you know.

I also understand now why it is recommended to put the switch after the main Deco, because I couldn't find a reason why it wouldn't work the other way.

So if you know how to set it up properly you can also put it before the Deco.

Options