Deco X10 - 2.4ghz network down after one day

2024-04-10 13:45:06
Model: Deco X10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20240111 Rel. 84231

Hi,

just bought this 3 router kit for my sister. Made the setup this weekend, first in wireless mode, then connected the 3 routers in place with cables. Also made the network optimization before leaving.

One day later, all the 2.4 ghz devices were offline. Solved with reboot on the main node. Today the same problem, sometime in the night all the devices gone, but the 5 ghz ones and the one that are wired are working fine. It seems that the 2.4 ghz network is gone (for what i read it seems more people had/have the same problem).

These devices are iots mainly (camera, appliances, sensors, etc) and are about 30 maybe.

What can I do (besides trying to return them)?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X10 - 2.4ghz network down after one day
2024-04-11 03:40:19 - last edited 2024-04-11 03:42:05

@Jamesrock  Same problem after last update. My devices showing as offline, no internet but app showing offline and connected 🤷

Options
2024-04-11 07:29:22

@Jamesrock are you using the IoT SSID for these devices or the main network with the blended 2.4/5GHz signal?

Also, when you installed the Decos did you set it up with the old wifi name to save time? I found that if you do this it very often causes problems, especially on older or IoT devices for reconnecting and dropouts. You might be better trying to set up the devices from scratch instead of duplicating the old SSID. Not ideal but worth a try before returning anything

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-04-11 07:41:31

@Jamesrock 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time?

It is also suggested to enable the guest network for 2.4GHz only, then connect some of the IOT devices to the guest network to check whether the same issue is repeated.

• If yes, please also check whether the 2.4GHz guest network could still be detected when IOT devices started dropping out of 2.4GHz.

I remember the latest firmware of Deco X10 should support Reboot Schedule under Deco APP>More>System.

Did you help if you set a reboot schedule every morning?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-04-11 09:09:58 - last edited 2024-04-11 10:39:14

@David-TP 

Iot not available.. guest 2.4 only, the same issue 

Disconnections (last update version) more than 50 times in one day...

The problem was starting after updated, last version 

Options
2024-04-11 13:45:07 - last edited 2024-04-11 14:29:32

Hi,

thank you all for your replies.

I need to have the devices inside my network (not on the guest wifi) because i connect to them via Home Assistant.

Regarding the IoT SSID, i don't see any option for it. Maybe this equipment doesn't have it.

I did setup with the same SSID and password as the old equipments, and most of the devices worked fine. Some of them i needed to reconnect. Indeed, starting new will be a pain... Is there any evidence that repairing fixes something?

@ David-TP, this happened twice in three days. Cannot reproduce at will. Guest network is not active, but next time i can ask to configure (remotely, i don't live next door to her). Meanwhile, i've configured a daily restart. But it's a workaround, not a fix...

What i do see is that the devices show in HA logs a bunch of random disconnects (like @Hadjis says), like devices disconnect and reconnect several times a day. Do the connections options help in any way? (mesh option, predefined deco...)

Options
2024-04-11 14:22:47

@Jamesrock I was trying without mesh, with preferred deco device, with fast roaming disabled, with beamforming disabled. Nothing changed, after the update, 2.4 devices have connections problems. So is clearly, the new firmware is the problem.

If the issue will continue, I can return the decos back for repair or replacement, is still under warranty. 

You can ask your seller, it's your right

Options