WiFi router

WiFi router

WiFi router
WiFi router
2024-04-10 17:46:37
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I Just got an Arris 2 gig Cable Modem, I also just added a 2.5 gig unmanaged switch to which I have the modem connected to, one port goes to my pc which pc sees and good download and upload there, have another going to the 2.5 ethernet on the router and it stays red, when it was a 1 gig connection no problems, Im at wits end dont know what gives was hoping to have faster wifi, now i have none at all, if anyone has a solution, plese reply, thanks John       

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi router
2024-04-11 06:14:30

@Irritated 

Hi, please confirm if your Arris modem is a bridge modem only, not a router, if so, only one device could get internet from it, either the router or the computer, thus you need to change the physical connection to be like this: Cable Modem---Router---PC/Switch.

However, if the cable modem is also a router, your connection should work, and to troubleshoot the router issue, please refer to this video: https://youtu.be/Ev6iY-UU_VU

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 119

Replies: 1

Related Articles