AGAIN openVPN doesnt work

3 weeks ago
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.45225(4555)

Hi i would like to use openVPN on this router. 

My actual setup that doesnt work 

with this i can connect to my vpn but i cant connect to local network or internet throughth vpn

my routing table 

any suggestion why this setup doesnt work?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AGAIN openVPN doesnt work
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@awsick 

Hi,

I noticed that your WAN interface is connected to a network using private IP addresses.

Is the VPN client located inside that 10.x.x.x network?
Or have you setup port forwarding on the network router of the 10.x.x.x network so that you can connect to your AX6000 via the Internet?

Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle 

Hi thanks for reply 

this is my network 

Now i can connect directly to AX6600 from internet when allow administration from internet. 

When i connect to VPN from internet i cant see any problem and i got internal VPN ip address.

But from this point when i get vpn ip address i cant access internet or internal network

Options
2 weeks ago

@awsick 

That is indeed weird.

I've had three different Archer routers with OpenVPN server and it always worked fine with the default settings.

I also cannot find any other posts of users mentioning problems with the OpenVPN server of the Archer GX90. (that's the model name of your AX6600 router, isn't it?)

As a last resort you could test if things improve after performing a full "Factory Restore" on the router. Best would be to configure only the Internet connection settings of the router and then continue straight with the OpenVPN server's setup and testing.

To reduce the effort of bringing the router back to it's previous state in case the factory restore doesn't improve anything with regards to the OpenVPN server, you should first do a "Backup" of the router's present settings and later you can then "Restore" the old settings using the backup file.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles