Deco app on Android not issuing alerts?

2 weeks ago
Tags: #App
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Apparently coinciding with the 3rd April update to the Deco app on Android, I am no longer receiving "connected device" alerts.  Notificaitons are fully turned on on the phone, and I only have one device which is set up to alert (mainly because there is a bug which seems to prevent me from adding / removing / changing those, which I've reported separately) but despite the device connecting and disconnecting frequently I've had no notificaitons about this for a few days.

It *may* not be coinciding with the new update, but my working presumption is that it is related to the update.

I've not yet tried to uninstall / reinstall but will do this over the next few days and see if there is any change.

Is it just me?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco app on Android not issuing alerts?
2 weeks ago

@larkim What's your version of Deco app? I'm on 3.7.16 (also Android) & it rolled out on the last week of March

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2 weeks ago

@ImtiazAli 3.7.25 for me, rolled to my phone last week and on about 3rd April to the app store. Had no issues on 3.7.16 I don't think other than the inability to reliable create new connection alerts.

Options
2 weeks ago

@larkim Are you on the beta testing? Because everywhere else it's showing 3.7.16 as the latest stable version for android.

Options
2 weeks ago

@ImtiazAli no, not on the beta. Maybe it's approved for my phone (pixel 7a) or my region (UK) earlier than other areas?

Options
2 weeks ago

@larkim That's probably the reason.

@David-TP  Any comment on this issue?

Options
a week ago

@larkim 

Hi, Are you still experiencing the same issue with connection alerts?

If yes, could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

(Please do remember to tick"add system log".)

In the meantime, could you please attach a video clip of the bug "Deco APP seems to prevent me from adding/removing/changing those" to the email?

@ImtiazAli  I think you are right. It is very likely due to the 3.7.25 version. It has been reported to the engineers but so far, I haven't got any reply yet.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP I tried to add a video to the support email but it didn't seem to work.  

Happy to provide a link here to a google photos upload of the video if that helps?

App log sent; though last time when I did this all that happened is the service referred me to the FAQs.

(btw, why is the word that begins help and ends with desk defined as a word which "goes against the rules of the Community"?  according to the error message I've just got when trying to post this?

Thanks!

Options
a week ago

@David-TP

David - link to video of the issue that I'm having.  When you've viewed it etc, let me know as I'll take it down for privacy reasons.

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RR35pu9uFotN5mer8 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 8

Tags

App
Related Articles