Deco app on Android not issuing alerts?

2024-04-12 14:23:52
Tags: #App
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Apparently coinciding with the 3rd April update to the Deco app on Android, I am no longer receiving "connected device" alerts.  Notificaitons are fully turned on on the phone, and I only have one device which is set up to alert (mainly because there is a bug which seems to prevent me from adding / removing / changing those, which I've reported separately) but despite the device connecting and disconnecting frequently I've had no notificaitons about this for a few days.

It *may* not be coinciding with the new update, but my working presumption is that it is related to the update.

I've not yet tried to uninstall / reinstall but will do this over the next few days and see if there is any change.

Is it just me?

Options
17 Reply
Re:Deco app on Android not issuing alerts?
2024-04-13 11:32:21

@larkim What's your version of Deco app? I'm on 3.7.16 (also Android) & it rolled out on the last week of March

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-04-13 11:42:26

@ImtiazAli 3.7.25 for me, rolled to my phone last week and on about 3rd April to the app store. Had no issues on 3.7.16 I don't think other than the inability to reliable create new connection alerts.

Options
2024-04-13 12:03:42

@larkim Are you on the beta testing? Because everywhere else it's showing 3.7.16 as the latest stable version for android.

Options
2024-04-13 12:10:04

@ImtiazAli no, not on the beta. Maybe it's approved for my phone (pixel 7a) or my region (UK) earlier than other areas?

Options
2024-04-13 12:19:16

@larkim That's probably the reason.

@David-TP  Any comment on this issue?

Options
2024-04-18 08:57:48

@larkim 

Hi, Are you still experiencing the same issue with connection alerts?

If yes, could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

(Please do remember to tick"add system log".)

In the meantime, could you please attach a video clip of the bug "Deco APP seems to prevent me from adding/removing/changing those" to the email?

@ImtiazAli  I think you are right. It is very likely due to the 3.7.25 version. It has been reported to the engineers but so far, I haven't got any reply yet.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-04-19 09:33:44

@David-TP I tried to add a video to the support email but it didn't seem to work.  

Happy to provide a link here to a google photos upload of the video if that helps?

App log sent; though last time when I did this all that happened is the service referred me to the FAQs.

(btw, why is the word that begins help and ends with desk defined as a word which "goes against the rules of the Community"?  according to the error message I've just got when trying to post this?

Thanks!

Options
2024-04-19 10:12:40

@David-TP

David - link to video of the issue that I'm having.  When you've viewed it etc, let me know as I'll take it down for privacy reasons.

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RR35pu9uFotN5mer8 

Options
2024-05-17 10:00:17

@David-TP is there any update on this? I've managed to get some alerts to save now with some pushing emails and some.making push notifications, and neither seem to be generating any alerts for me.

Options
2024-05-17 10:27:36

@larkim 

Hi, sorry for the delay. I don't get an update yet.

But later, the new Deco APP 3.7.34 was released and have you installed the latest Deco APP?

May I know your current firmware of Deco M4?

---If it was Deco M4_v2, It is also suggested to install the beta firmware here:

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

By the way, Would there be any new message inside the Deco APP if no push alerts are on the phone screen?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 17

Tags

App
Related Articles