TL-WPS510U wireless print server - how to change IP-address with a Win 10 or Ubuntu 22.04 computer

TL-WPS510U wireless print server - how to change IP-address with a Win 10 or Ubuntu 22.04 computer

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WPS510U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: unknown

The default IP address of this device is 192.168.0.10

I run a Windows 10 and an Ubuntu 22.04 desktop.

My home networks are since decades 10.0.0.X - so I want to use it on this network and have to change its IP address first. 

There is an instruction on the net how to do it with a Mac computer, which I don´t have access to.

The closest I have come to, was with the Linux. The print server responded ok to ping. But when trying with a browser - no access.

BTW it was not possible to establish an ad-hoc connection from the Windows computer.

I have additional WLAN and LAN adapters to use on these computers in another IP address field.

Any hint how to get access to the web interface of the printserver to change the IP address?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPS510U wireless print server - how to change IP-address with a Win 10 or Ubuntu 22.04 computer
2 weeks ago

@Franz47 

Hi, there hasn't been an instruction for linux OS either.

Do you have a spare iPad?

Here is a instruction about How to use iPad to access TL-WPS510U and change its IP address:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1056/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:TL-WPS510U wireless print server - how to change IP-address with a Win 10 or Ubuntu 22.04 computer
2 weeks ago

@David-TP

Thanks for the reply. There has never been an Apple product in my household and will not be either. Maybe some younger relative has one. Will see.

I am still wondering why it did not work even with Linux....

Could it be successful to attach an old wi-fi router to my internet gateway, assign the 192.168.0.X address to the WLAN, then use a computer's WLAN adapter to connect to it and be in the same address area then?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Franz47 

Since ping worked on Ubuntu but browser access failed, double-check firewall settings. You might be blocking the web interface port (usually 80 or 443).

For Windows 10, try manually setting a static IP in the 10.0.0.X range (ensure the sub net mask and gateway match your network).

Both OSes should then access the interface if the firewall allows it. Consider the additional network adapters for troubleshooting later.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 3

Related Articles