Deco XE75 Pro not as promised!

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 20231225 Rel. 57498

Hi support, 

I recently purchased a 3-pack Deco XE75 Pro but it is not meeting the promises that TP Link makes!

Previously I had an Archer AX3000, and this was my setup:

- I have 2 Gbps fiber connection from my ISP (tested with wired directly through their Modem)

- With my ISP support, we configured their Modem to act as a bridge. 

- Connected the 2.5 Gbps WAN Port of the bridge with the 1 Gbps WAN Port of the Archer.

With this setup I used to get 900-920 Mbps through wire (through the 1 Gbps LAN Port of the Archer) and anywhere between 700-800 Mbps on WiFi 5Ghz.

Recently, I replaced the Archer with Deco XE75 Pro (3-Pack) and did the same setup as above (except that the the Deco has 2.5 Gbps WAN Port, not just 1 Gbps).

So I assumed that now with the 2.5 Gbps link between the bridge and router and by using WiFi 6E, I should at least get anywhere between 10%-20% improvement, however that was not the case!

Now using the wired connection I get at max 850 (not 900 as I used to) and over WiFi I get max. 750 (not 800 as I used to)! What's up with that!?

I got a notification to update the Deco firmware, which i did. Then I reset everything and tried the setup all over again, double checking every step. Still same results!

Please advice, thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Pro not as promised!
2 weeks ago

@Rushd Set QoS to 1000 Mbps

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Deco XE75 Pro not as promised!
2 weeks ago
I have a 2000 Mbps Internet speed, why should I set it to 1000 Mbps? Update: last night i tried multiple devices, eventually one of my laptops was able to get 1,600 Mbps download speed over Wifi, so I assume the issue is with my mobile (even though it is Galaxy S22+ and should be able to get 6E, but it doesn’t, it only connects at Wifi6 speed, not 6E.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 134

Replies: 2

Related Articles