Set up Omada Router for small office

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I want to set up an internet sharing in my office with around 50 PCs. I also need 5 access points to implement WI-FI Mesh for laptops in my office. I found out that the "Omada Gigabit VPN Router ER605" can handle my situation by sharing internet bandwidth based on IP. I want to double-check about the hardware that I need to purchase. 1- One Omada Router ER605. 2- Five Access Points device such as EAP600.
1- Is it the best match that I can do?
2- Do I need to buy an "OC200 Omada Hardware Controller" along with the ER605 for this network or my ER605 router can handle all the problems?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Set up Omada Router for small office-Solution

Hi @pooyafo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

pooyafo wrote

Hi

I want to set up an internet sharing in my office with around 50 PCs. I also need 5 access points to implement WI-FI Mesh for laptops in my office. I found out that the "Omada Gigabit VPN Router ER605" can handle my situation by sharing internet bandwidth based on IP.

Correction: we never advertise that you can aggregate the speed.

The description is not very clear to me. Just let you know about this first. And you can read this:

For the rest of the part, ER605 can handle around 50 PCs. It is usually used in a 100 network device situation. If you need more, please consider a better model. ER7206 will be the next level.

AP part is fine.

OC200 is not necessary unless you want to have better management.

In this case, you might also consider the switch. I don't see you mention any switch but just FYI, you can get an OC200 for management of your router and APs.

It's a regular setup and no problems with it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Set up Omada Router for small office-Solution

Hi @pooyafo 

pooyafo wrote

Hi

I want to set up an internet sharing in my office with around 50 PCs. I also need 5 access points to implement WI-FI Mesh for laptops in my office. I found out that the "Omada Gigabit VPN Router ER605" can handle my situation by sharing internet bandwidth based on IP.

Correction: we never advertise that you can aggregate the speed.

The description is not very clear to me. Just let you know about this first. And you can read this:

For the rest of the part, ER605 can handle around 50 PCs. It is usually used in a 100 network device situation. If you need more, please consider a better model. ER7206 will be the next level.

AP part is fine.

OC200 is not necessary unless you want to have better management.

In this case, you might also consider the switch. I don't see you mention any switch but just FYI, you can get an OC200 for management of your router and APs.

It's a regular setup and no problems with it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Set up Omada Router for small office
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A I see your YouTube videos about the capability of "Omada Router" to share the internet between my PCs and APs. My main concern is about setting bandwidth limits for my clients.

1- Do I need OC200 for this reason or the "Omada Router" built-in software can handle it?

2- Can I define different bandwidth limitations for my PCs and APs?

Thanks

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @pooyafo 

pooyafo wrote

@Clive_A I see your YouTube videos about the capability of "Omada Router" to share the internet between my PCs and APs. My main concern is about setting bandwidth limits for my clients.

1- Do I need OC200 for this reason or the "Omada Router" built-in software can handle it?

2- Can I define different bandwidth limitations for my PCs and APs?

Thanks

1. Try ou the standanloe emulator: https://emulator.tp-link.com/5.11-605v2/index.html

Bandwidth control is a core feature available in both modes.

2. Yes.

Controller and standalone, both can do that. Standalone, in the bandwidth limit.

Options

Hi, @Clive_A 
Thanks for your response to my questions. I appreciate you.

Since I have two WAN connections, by using ER605,
1- Can I specify which IP group uses which one of the WAN ports? For example, my PCs use the WAN #1 and my APs use the WAN #2.
2- Is it possible to aggregate the WAN ports for more speed?

Options

Hi @pooyafo 

pooyafo wrote

Hi, @Clive_A 
Thanks for your response to my questions. I appreciate you.

Since I have two WAN connections, by using ER605,
1- Can I specify which IP group uses which one of the WAN ports? For example, my PCs use the WAN #1 and my APs use the WAN #2.
2- Is it possible to aggregate the WAN ports for more speed?

1. Policy Routing. Or if you are talking about the bandwidth control, you can find the option to use the desired WAN, too.

2. No. Explained in here: Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 166

Replies: 5

Related Articles