Connecting AX1800 to Nowtv broadband

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Looked at various YouTube videos for installation guidance, all show ISP drop down menu where I'm supposed to enter my service provider but on my box it just offers one ISP by name then others. No sign of how to progress beyond this point. I have tried reconnecting my old NowTV router for the necessary protocols but it won't let me in.

Has anybody got any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connecting AX1800 to Nowtv broadband
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@JustMeThree 

If you use a broadband service (not fiber) you most probably would need a DSL modem router to connect - check this thread:

<https>://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Can-I-use-a-different-Shop-Bought-Modem/m-p/607346

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski thanks for taking the time to respond to my cry for help.

The tplink AX1800 incorporates VDSL/ADSL modem so don't know what I can do?

Options
2 weeks ago

@JustMeThree 

On the device bottom sticker is printed the exact router model, FW region and its HW version - details. Can you post this info here ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@JustMeThree 

Hi,

If your "AX1800" DSL router offers only one ISP selection, then perhaps this router was primarily designed to be used with that one ISP and not meant to be sold to the general public, although that seems to be happening frequently.

Options
a week ago

@JustMeThree 

Hi, please double-check the model no. of your device on its bottom label, if it is Archer VX1800v, please refer to this solution:

Archer VX1800v Cannot Connect to Sky Broadband (UK) or NowTV MER Line

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 5

Related Articles