MR600 - All clients connected in ISOLATION MODE while the option is NOT set
MR600 - All clients connected in ISOLATION MODE while the option is NOT set
2024-04-18 09:07:30
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello

Since some weeks I note a very strange behavior or my MR600

Right after power on, if I scan my network I can see all my devices (19 in all) but after some time, between 5 mins to 1 hour, a scan cant find any devices

On the web interface I can see they are all still connected

They all still have acces to internet

They simply can access each other like if the option AP ISOLATION was set On, which is not the case

I try a lot of things including

Factory reset the MR600

Downgrade to previous version of firmware

with no luck

As I need to acces the rest of my devices from the internal network that a pain

Works for months before some trigger which I cant figure

Any idea

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR600 - All clients connected in ISOLATION MODE while the option is NOT set
2024-04-19 04:32:33

@Ciberyan 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Sorry, I am confused about your description-They simply can access each other like if the option AP ISOLATION was set On, which is not the case

So do you mean even though the AP Isolation is not enabled, the clients can not access each other with same LAN connection?

Is there any advanced settings? What kind of clients do you have? You may factory reset the router and reconfigure it to confirm again.

Options
Re:MR600 - All clients connected in ISOLATION MODE while the option is NOT set
2024-04-19 06:37:46

@Marvin_S 

Hello

I mean exactly that

This MR600 run smoothly since 3 years

Since few time I noticed, when scanning my network or when trying to access a webserver on a device on my network, that I cant connect

So here is the process

After power up, everything is fine (I see my 19 devices on my network) but after tenth of minutes, I see only the router on my IP Scanner

Pinging others devices end with an "Host unreachable"

BUT all the devices appear in the webserver console of the router and all the device still have access to internet so they are well connected to the router

They just cant communicate between each others

Devices are home automation, raspberry, printer , nothing special or changed since many times

The router act like if it was in AP ISOLATION MODE but this setting is set to OFF

The revision was 1.7.0.0.9.1. For testing, I downgrade to 1.6.0 with the same results
Factory settings restored many time and commisionning fro scratch doesnt change anything, I always lose connection between y devices after some time

I wonder what can cause this ? a default router ? but it works perfectly beside this behavior

Options