Router marked "end of life" still safe to use?

2 weeks ago

I have an Archer VR2800 and ive notice its marked as end of life, is this still safe to use?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router marked "end of life" still safe to use?
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@Richard_T123 

Check this document regarding EoL devices - you'll find more detailed information.

The last FW update for VR2800 if 2022. It interesting that the VR2800 is no listed in there.

I would say that you can continue to use it but keep in mind that the security is important and should start to look around for a replacement.

Outdated FW releases won't cover recent threats so a seconds level of defense would be a wise move.

This could be an up to date anti-virus SW on your devices or using the VR2800 in bridge mode in conjunction with a recent wireless router (if your ISP allows that) - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski that link says "Oops! The page you're looking for can't be found."

I've had it for 4 years and its not given any trouble at all, just sitting there doing its thing, the only change being when i Changed iSP and even then it was relativly easy to get it running on a new ISP.

At some point in the future - maybe 12 months or so i will need to switch to a Voip phone service  as openreach are discontinuing analogue phone services - meaning that ISPs will have to switch to FTTP/Voip, ive seen a VX1800v listed on the tp link site, but its listed as coming soon, some online retailaers appear to have it, but the TP link site says "coming soon" so not sure if these would be grey imports without UK support

Options
a week ago

@Richard_T123 

Hi,for your reference: TP-Link End of Life Products

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 101

Replies: 3

Related Articles