a week ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi,

So here is what I have tried so far:

1. Restricted my network to 2.4 Ghz including guest network
  2. Changed the security on Guest Network from WPA2 to WPA/WPA2
  3. Attempted to connect using WPS, Printer App and even direct mode (where you enter the password on device)
  4. Disabled Fast Roaming (already done) and Beamforming
  5. Set Operation Mode to Access point, which is the correct configuration from the design
  6. Rebooted the entire network after each change

And still the printer sits at 'Connecting' with no indication of what is failing.

What is left and how to debug this proble.

- Eddie

Options
10 Reply
Re:Cannot connect Canon G3520 to Deco M5
a week ago

@Eddieturbo 

Hi, Would there be any special characters in the SSID name and password? such as "",<>,;

Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password

Have you tried an Open 2.4GHz guest network?

Are you able to connect the Canon G3520 printer to the mobile hotspot of your smart phone?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @David-TP 

Hi, Would there be any special characters in the SSID name and password? such as "",<>,;

Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password

Special characters have been removed from both the standard and guest networks. I rebooted the Deco devices after the standard network change but didn't bother after the guest, as that change didn't involve a change from the upstream router.

Have you tried an Open 2.4GHz guest network?

Yes but no difference although I have reenabled Beamforming as this always default.

Are you able to connect the Canon G3520 printer to the mobile hotspot of your smart phone?

Yes. I was also able to connect print to tplink power adapters.

Thanks,

Eddie

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Eddieturbo 

Check if your Canon G3520 printer has Ethernet port, and if does - connect it by Ethernet cable to either Main or Satellite Deco. In some Canon printers Ethernet port may be under the cover panel near power cable, that cover panel may need to be removed.

Before pulling panels, check user manual first.

Older printers are often pain in the neck when it comes to WiFi mesh connectivity, if you are lucky to have printer with Ethernet port just use it. With WiFi mesh you could move Satellite Deco closer to printer or printer to Satellite Deco.

Other than that, you could try Canon G3520 printer factory reset, and see if it can connect to Deco mesh after that.

Options
a week ago

@Alexandre. 

Hi,

Is there no way to create a mesh using the tp-link power adapter so it part of the Deco M5 network. Then connect to the printer via Deco > TP Power adapter?

Paul

Options
a week ago

@Eddieturbo 

What is the model name of that TP-Link power adapter?

Options
a week ago

@Alexandre. 

TL-WPA4220 v4 

- Eddie

Options

@Eddieturbo 

TL-WPA4220 will not join Deco mesh, but if you can configure its own SSID/password you can use that to connect printer to TL-WPA4220 and your home network without impacting devices using Deco mesh.

Not the most elegant solution, but it should work:

1. Connect existent powerline adapter with Ethernet cable to any available Ethernet port of Main or Satellite Deco;

2. Link it through powerline with TL-WPA4220, if that has not been done yet;

3. Configure TL-WPA4220 with SSID/password different from Deco mesh, so that devices using Deco mesh won't accidentally connect to TL-WPA4220;

4. Configure Canon G3520 to connect to SSID of TL-WPA4220.

Options

@Alexandre. 

The printer isn't fitted with NIC, so there is no way to connect it physically.

I tried the solution outlined. The Deco satellite can see the TP Power adapter (TL network) but not the printer. The only way to reach the printer is to disconnect from the Deco network and connect to the TL network. This is not workable!

It is ludicrous that I purchased a Wi-Fi system that cannot support a Canon printer, and there is no way to debug the connection issue. angry By the way, I work from a VDI, so because the TL network is not connected to the Internet, the VDI link will be lost when I switch networks. I'm not impressed!!!

Any official response on this as I cannot be the only person with this issue.

Eddie

Options
a week ago

@Eddieturbo 

Hi. I noticed your Deco M5 is still on 1.5.3 and the latest firmware for Deco M5 is 1.7.6 now.

Maybe you could try to manually update the firmware first if the Deco APP failed to detect the latest version:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m5/v3/#Firmware

If 1.7.6 firmware didn't help either, I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Monday

@Eddieturbo 

It seems like you've already taken several troubleshooting steps with your Deco M5 network. Since you've tried adjusting network settings, security protocols, and even operation modes without success, it's possible that the issue lies with the printer itself or its compatibility with the network.

Here are a few more suggestions to debug the problem:

1. Check Printer Compatibility: Ensure that your printer is compatible with the Deco M5 network and its settings. Refer to the printer's manual or manufacturer's website for compatibility information.

2. Update Printer Firmware/Drivers: Make sure your printer has the latest firmware installed. Similarly, ensure that the printer drivers on your devices are up-to-date.

3. Network Isolation: Try connecting the printer to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it can establish a connection. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your Deco M5 network.

4. Reset Printer Network Settings: Reset the network settings on your printer to default and then attempt to reconnect it to your Deco M5 network.

5. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, reach out to the printer manufacturer's support team for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be aware of any compatibility issues with Deco M5.

By systematically exploring these additional steps, you can hopefully identify and resolve the connectivity issue with your printer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 10

Related Articles