New X80 will not connect to internet with PPPoE username and password that the old router uses

New X80 will not connect to internet with PPPoE username and password that the old router uses

2024-04-23 02:56:34
Model: Deco X80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought a new Deco X80 yesterday and can connect to it but it cannot connect to the internet. 

I have copied the PPPoE settings directly from the old router but still no luck.

• The PPPoE Username is an email address with an AT symbol. Is that a problem? 
  • The password has an underscore. Is that bad?
  • Any other ideas?

Old router now back on and working as before now with the same PPPoE settings.

Have turned the Deco on and off again, re-booted, reset, re-tried about 100 times over two days. Have tried both units in the twin-pack.

Cheers,

Alan

Options
4 Reply
Re:New X80 will not connect to internet with PPPoE username and password that the old router uses
2024-04-24 06:20:29

@AlanIde 

Hi, usually the PPPOE username should be an email address, like xxxx@TPG.com.

The underscore in the password also works well.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Apart from the PPPOE username and password, do you need any VLAN IDs?

It is also suggested to refer to the recommended setup in the following post:

NBN Network in Australia

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:New X80 will not connect to internet with PPPoE username and password that the old router uses
2024-04-24 07:02:42

@David-TP I got it working in the end but only some of my devices can connect to the internet via Deco WiFi. Sony TV is the big exception. Comes up as 'Connected, no internet" despite full factory reset, leaving it off overnight, etc. Setup guest network with lowest specs, still no good. Physical connection via Ethernet no good either. TV can use my phone hot spot and works fine on the old WiFi router.

Not ready to ditch the TV as only a few years old. Apple laptop and Uniden phone also won't work with Deco.

Will take Deco back to shop tomorrow, no good to me.

Options
2024-04-24 08:53:40

@AlanIde 

Hi, if even the Ethernet connection didn't work on the Sony TV, Did you configure the static IP address on the TV or did you add Sony TV to the "Block List"?

For the Apple laptop and Uniden phone, you could try to disable "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

And please also disable "Mesh Technology" under device settings:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-04-25 15:12:28

@AlanIde Some ISP require additional settings, not just the PPPOE credentials.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 4

Related Articles