X50-5G Received signal strength decrease

a week ago
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

After rebooting my X50-5G device I get acceptable, but not good, RSRP strength reading and a stable link. But after a couple of hours the RSRP strength very suddenly drops with more than 10 dB, which results in an unstable link. It stays this way until I reboot the device. This happens regardless of if I set the device for 5G or 4G mode. What is causing this problem? I have updated to the latest firmware.

Options
3 Reply
Re:X50-5G Received signal strength decrease
a week ago

@SignalQuality 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know who is your SIM carrier?

Have you checked any change to the LTE/5G NR bands on the Deco X50-5G when RSRP is dropping?

Or can I have two screenshots before and after the signal drops?

Have you ever put the same SIM card into the mobile phone or another 4G/5G router to see whether the same issue existed?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Thanks for Your reply.

The RSRP dropping occurs simultaneously with a change of band, which suggests that the dropping is caused by a band change. And I believe that a band change may be caused by a high level of interference and noise.

However, the connection has now been stable, without RSRP droppings or band changes for almost 30 hours and without rebooting the device. The bands used now are B3, N78. The signal values are: 

RSRP stable between -95 to -99 dBm

RSRQ varies between -11 to -16 dB

SNR varies between 3 to 11 dB but may occasionally be as low as 0 dB and even show negative values.

The connection seems to be affected by intermittent disturbances. I have tried to move the X50-5G device to other windows in the house to find the best place. Will an external antenna improve the RSRQ and SNR values?

Options
Tuesday

@David-TP 

After a couple of days I noticed a sudden RSRP dropping. It occurred simultaneously with a bend change from B3,N78 to B7,N78. My carrier is Tele2 Sweden.

How can I prevent the band change?

Below are two screenshots, before and after the RSRP drop

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 74

Replies: 3

Related Articles