Unstable connection
Unstable connection
a week ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

My setup is as follows:

10G fiber cable connects to a BE85 which is the primary router. 

The BE85 connects to a switch and two XE75 Pro with Ethernet cable, and a 3rd XE75 pro wirelessly. 

Then the switch connects to 2x X50s with Ethernet cables and some other devices.

The switch is a TP-Link sg108. 

My issue is that the connection will drop on some devices for a short period of time. The main concern is during video calls for work, the connection drops long enough to cut off the connection. It can then be reconnected. 

Other devices remain connected the whole time.

There are about 30 devices connected total. And the main laptop that was having issues is set as a "High priority device". 

I have set the IPV4 DNS to 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4.

I changed the ipv6 DNS to 2001:4860:4860::8888, and 2001:4860:4860::8844, but I changed the ipv6 just now after the issues. 

Beamforming is on. 

I enabled Fast roaming just now after the issues. 

Is there anything else I should configure to get a stable connection?

Thank you

Options
8 Reply
Re:Unstable connection
a week ago

@CharlesM99 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

A new 1.0.18 version was released two days ago which has improved the stability issue under certain situations.

It is suggested to update to the latest firmware first:

Deco BE85_V1/V2_1.0.18 Build 20240409

It suits both EU and US versions.

In the meantime, it is also suggested to disable "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for the work laptop, then set the preferred band and Deco for this laptop:

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Having the same issues and really regretting getting buying this unfinished product. Wifi is very unstable regardless of the settings i have tried and unfortuanly i have issues also with wired connections..

@CharlesM99 

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Thank you, I don't have the option to update the firmware in the Deco app. It shows the BE85 on 1.0.16, the XE75 Pros are on 1.2.9, and the X50s are on 1.4.1. 

If I disable Mesh technology will there be issues connecting from one router to another? The work laptop sometimes work in range of one of the XE75s, and sometimes in range of the BE85. 

Options
a week ago

Do it via pc, in browser enter adress 192.168.0.1 (or whatever range you use.. From there you can update.

CharlesM99 wrote

@David-TP 

Thank you, I don't have the option to update the firmware in the Deco app. It shows the BE85 on 1.0.16, the XE75 Pros are on 1.2.9, and the X50s are on 1.4.1. 

If I disable Mesh technology will there be issues connecting from one router to another? The work laptop sometimes work in range of one of the XE75s, and sometimes in range of the BE85. 

@CharlesM99 

Options
a week ago

@CharlesM99 

Hi, Charles, 

The roaming is more like a joint effect on both the AP and the mobile client.

When we disable "Mesh Technology", Deco will not actively prompt clients to roam to another AP. However, if the client device supports roaming protocols, it may still autonomously switch to another AP.

As for the firmware upgrade, SweElite is right and we can manually update the firmware via web UI.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco(method 2)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@SweElite 

Thank you will try this tonight. 

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Thank you, I turned off Mesh technology for the work laptop. I'll see how things go. 

In your first post you also mentioned setting a "Connection Preference", but I did that previously with a tablet and it refused to connect to any other router. 

So now I only used the "Connection Preference" for devices that are in a fixed location. 

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

I checked in the deco app and I was now able to update the BE85 firmware to 1.0.18 the lazy way. 

Hopefully this update resolves the issues we've been having. 

Thanks for you help

Options