Router keeps disconnecting

a week ago
Tags: #Firmware Update #Archer C6
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hey there, I've been using this router for around 8 months now. And it worked just fine for this long.I've recently upgraded to that latest driver like a week ago. And the router still worked pretty fine after that as well. But I've been facing a really weird issue since yesterday. Basically, the router's been disconnecting from the network every few minutes. I've tried changing my ONU to a different one, the problem still persisted. I've tried changing the network cables and that didn't solve anything either. Then I thought of using another router, and then the network went back to normal. This router wasn't disconnecting like that Archer C6 one. Since I had a few months of warranty left, I took it to the nearest TP-Link service center, they installed a beta firmware and asked me if the issue was gone or not. I checked it for a while, and their wifi was kind of slow, so I couldn't really check if the problem was gone or not. Brought the router back home, and guess what? It was still there. So, what should I do now? They told me to bring back the router on Saturday, since Friday is the weekend here. Is there something else I can try before bringing it back to them on that day? Something that could help me solve the problem myself? I got the US version btw.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Router keeps disconnecting
a week ago

@D3C0D3R 

If the FW you have updated to was Archer C6(US)_V4_1.13.5 Build 240222, better let your local service to deal with the issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski Could you tell me why is that? Was there any problem with the firmware? Or in my method of installation? Or is it just something else? And anyways, about the version of the firmware. I had a screenshot saved. It was from the tether app, but I installed the driver itself from the webpage. The FW version was 1.13.5 Build 240222 Rel.50991n(5553). Not exactly the same as the version you've mentioned, if I'm not mistaken. But I currently have that exact version on the update page. Waiting to be installed. The beta firmware that the service people installed was 1.12.10 Build 230215 Rel.53564n(5553). Might be a bit old, but it didn't help me with the problem either. I guess they're just going to try to solve it further, or maybe give me a replacement unit when I bring it back to them soon. I've also checked that new beta driver that adds some new features like vpn and stuff. Could that fix my issue? Can you check this screenshot below? I think this was the firmware you were talking about? 

Options
a week ago

@D3C0D3R 

This can be answered only by a TP-Lin representative - that's why I advised to continue interacting with your local support.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski I see, maybe the tp-link employees here can tell me something about it? I was a bit busy today, so I couldn't take it to the service. I'll do it tomorrow, and it'll probably take them another 2-3 days to reach me back.

terziyski wrote

@D3C0D3R 

This can be answered only by a TP-Lin representative - that's why I advised to continue interacting with your local support.

Options
a week ago

@D3C0D3R 

Hi, you may try this beta firmware from this thread.

If the same issue, you can still go to the retailer to confirm warranty.

Options
a week ago

Hi @Marvin_S, thanks for the suggestion but I've already sent it to the service center yesterday. I'll wait for them and post an update here later. 

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

An update on the issue. The service center called me about the router a while ago. They asked me to take it back, they couldn't find any issue with it. They said it was working just fine. And currently, I'm using it. So far, that issue hasn't happened yet. I'll still probably upgrade to that beta driver as Marvin mentioned. Or I'll probably just upgrade to the latest official driver. I'm still not sure.

Edit: The problem is still there. But this time, it either completely disconnects or it just makes the connection extremely slow. I'm connected to the router with a CAT6A connection, and I can see it sometimes disconnects me. There's sometimes the orange light, sometimes the whole LAN display light is gone. And while it's disconnected, my other devices that are connected to the wifi go offline as well. I've tried the beta driver Marvin mentioned, that didn't fix it as well. I've called the service center again and they asked me to bring the router to them once again. Not that they detected anything the last time, but this is my last hope. Hopefully they'll give me a replacement unit or fix anything that's wrong with this router. I wanted to add, I've tried using disabling IPv6 too, the result's still the same. I've tried changing the DNS servers. Used google dns, cloudflare dns, my isp's own dns, all of them resulted the same. I'm really annoyed at this point. Tp-Link products have never disappointed me this much, my previous experiences with Tp-Link products were always great. Except this one. 

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@D3C0D3R

Try changing the ethernet cable between your ONU and C6 (Cat 6A ?) with the cable which comes in the router kit and test if there's any difference.

If that doesn't help just work with your local support to pinpoint and resolve the issue.

Options
Tuesday - last edited Thursday

@terziyski I've already tried that. Seems to be exactly the same no matter what cable I use. I've tried a basic Cat 6, Cat6A, the Cat5E that came with the router, I've even tried changing the ONU. They all resulted the same in the end. The laser I'm getting isn't high either, it's like -21.38 dB right now

Edit: Little update on the issue, it seems to have resolved on it's own. I'm using the beta firmware though, but it still happened after installing the firmware. But after using it for a few hours, it worked just fine. Thanks everyone for your advices. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 9

Tags

Related Articles