SFP Ports and Support

SFP Ports and Support

SFP Ports and Support
SFP Ports and Support
2024-04-25 22:21:28
Model: TL-SG2218  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.1

I put a generic LX/LH sfp into one of the SFP ports. The status came up Green, speed and duplex 1000mb Full.

Nowhere does it show the SFP transceiver information

Make

Model

TX Level

RX Level

When I tried to check the DDM on the port via console. Basically the software on the switch said not supported.

There needs to be some compatibility chart for the SFP ports

example:

LH

LX

EX

ZX

1310nm

1550nm

Single Mode

Multimode

If there is vendor specific (TPLINK) SFP only support, then they should have a chart in the manual with part numbers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SFP Ports and Support
2024-04-26 02:28:04

Hi @TechDad83 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We don't maintain a compatible list of the generic SFP modules. Thank you for your feedback.

It is a lot of work and money as you described. Basically impossible to get every vendor on the market and test their modules.

I think you should propose this to the SFP module vendors maybe they can test it on different vendors as they produce the modules.

Commonly, we just make sure all our products work with our modules. We also have a disclaimer on this as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options