Pixel 8 experiences intermittent instability when connecting to TP-Link Be85's MLO network

Pixel 8 experiences intermittent instability when connecting to TP-Link Be85's MLO network

2 weeks ago
Tags: #MLO
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17 Build 20240312 Rel.52632

While Pixel 7a and Pixel 6a can connect seamlessly to the MLO network of the TP-Link Be85 Wi-Fi router, the latest Pixel 8 model exhibits intermittent instability when connected to the same network. The connection doesn't drop entirely, but rather fluctuates between bursts of high speed and slowdowns to as low as 1 Mbps. Troubleshooting the root cause of this issue has proven challenging, and I would appreciate your insights.

Additional details:

- The issue is specific to the Pixel 8; other devices on the network (including Pixel 7a and Pixel 6a) function without any connectivity problems.

- The MLO network is configured correctly and has been working reliably with other devices.

- The issue persists regardless of the Pixel 8's proximity to the router.

- Software updates on both the Pixel 8 and the TP-Link Be85 router have been applied.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Pixel 8 experiences intermittent instability when connecting to TP-Link Be85's MLO network
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@HMKJP 

Hi, welcome to the community.

A New 1.0.18 firmware was released a few days ago and could you please try to install the latest firmware first:

Deco BE85_V2_1.0.18 Build 20240409

Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Improved the stability of the system.
2. Added the IoT Network information on the web management interface.
3. Fixed the bug that the PPPoE connection failed to dial up after turning the IPTV VLAN feature.
4. Fixed the bug that MLO Wi-Fi might lead to the Deco crash or auto-reboot under some special settings. 
5. Fixed the known bugs related with Samsung S24 Ultra which might lead to the crash and auto-reboot on the Deco side.

By the way, if Pixel 8 is connected to the 6GHz network only of Deco BE85, is it able to maintain a constant high speed?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Pixel 8 experiences intermittent instability when connecting to TP-Link Be85's MLO network
2 weeks ago

@David-TP Thanks for letting me know the latest update.  I've quickly applied the latest version to my be85 but unfortunately it looks like the situation doesn't change much!

Any other thoughts, insights, and ideas on this behavior,  that would be very helpful for me to look into it. Thanks!

Options
2 weeks ago

@HMKJP 

Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and check whether they have any other suggestions.

Please check later whether you can receive my email later.

By the way, can you help me check the following details when pixel 8 dropped to as low as 1 Mbps:

1. A screenshot of the device settings on the pixel 8 on the Deco, such as:

2. The wireless link speed/PHY rate.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options