TL-MR6400 internet connection doesn't work with mobile

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-MR6400 and recently I've switched my mobile plan to KPN, and I've noticed that after the switch, even though I get an internet connection with most devices, all Android phones do not get an internet connection. Can you help me troubleshoot this problem?

• ISP version: 23021501
  • Firmware: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n
  • Hardware: TL-MR6400 v5.3 00000002
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 internet connection doesn't work with mobile

I've managed to get my Android devices to get working internet connections with the TL-MR6400, after reading this discussion - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/606790.

Here's what I found:

• I've noticed that going to the "Advanced" tab and clicking on "Status", there was no IPv4 connection.
  • Still in the 'Advanced" tab, I checked the dial-up settings for the connection for the default profile "KPN", and its "PDP type" was listed as "IPv4 & IPv6",
  • I created a custom profile where I set the "PDP type" to "IPv4", and kept all other settings.

After switching to the new custom profile with IPv4, Android devices started to get a working internet connection.

Options
Re:TL-MR6400 internet connection doesn't work with mobile

@rmam 

Thanks for your further feedback!

You can also refer to this official thread: Some client devices have no internet access such as Android devices or Chromecast etc.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 62

Replies: 2

Related Articles